Spyder Garage

Default 1330 Top Speed Limiter +

I'll be recieving my upgraded ECM from "Monster Fuel Injection" Sept 18th--Monday afternoon--my Spyder is disassembled for other add on's thus my time & weather will control my testing. Messaging back & forth with Steve Bramham at Monster Fuel I've learned the 1330 's do have a 120 mph top speed limiter regardless of gears. Steve said the earlier non 1330 Spyders didn't have that limitation. Geez--if i can get to 120 fast I;m not sure I'll want to go any faster on my available roads with the existing tires but I've changed my mind in the past. Steve is currently working on removing the 1330 Top Speed Limiter & engine cooling cycle. I've had the slow-stopped traffic heating problem on my Hayabusa's--solved by lining the bottom of the air plenum with adhesive heat shielding around the entire bottom area next to the IAT sensor--not that easy to do on the 1330 engine. If this modification works out as expected I may send the ECM back to Steve at Monster Fuel during the Winter months. I've heard nothing but Positive remarks on those who have had their ECM upgraded via "Monster Fuel" on this forum. I look forward to testing my 2015 F3's SE6 with the upgraded ECM. I will keep all updated on my testing results on this forum.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to hearing how this project turns out ..!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up ECM up grade

I also am interested in this upgrade.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Nice to hear that there are more and more upgraded Spyders moving around.

I do have Monster FI upgraded ECU on my F3 and it is now no problem to get my Spyder to 120 MPH fast if needed. There is no need to go any faster, but it is always good to know that you can if needed Monster FI flash is really impressive and after you ride you "new" Spyder you do not want to get your old one back.

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I'll be recieving my upgraded ECM from "Monster Fuel Injection" Sept 18th--Monday afternoon--my Spyder is disassembled for other add on's thus my time & weather will control my testing. Messaging back & forth with Steve Bramham at Monster Fuel I've learned the 1330 's do have a 120 mph top speed limiter regardless of gears. Steve said the earlier non 1330 Spyders didn't have that limitation. Geez--if i can get to 120 fast I;m not sure I'll want to go any faster on my available roads with the existing tires but I've changed my mind in the past. Steve is currently working on removing the 1330 Top Speed Limiter & engine cooling cycle. I've had the slow-stopped traffic heating problem on my Hayabusa's--solved by lining the bottom of the air plenum with adhesive heat shielding around the entire bottom area next to the IAT sensor--not that easy to do on the 1330 engine. If this modification works out as expected I may send the ECM back to Steve at Monster Fuel during the Winter months. I've heard nothing but Positive remarks on those who have had their ECM upgraded via "Monster Fuel" on this forum. I look forward to testing my 2015 F3's SE6 with the upgraded ECM. I will keep all updated on my testing results on this forum.
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=AllanSpyder;1301159]Nice to hear that there are more and more upgraded Spyders moving ar
    I do have Monster FI upgraded ECU on my F3 and it is now no problem to get my Spyder to 120 MPH fast if needed. There is no need to go any faster, but it is always good to know that you can if needed Monster FI flash is really impressive and after you ride you "new" Spyder you do not want to get your old one back

I thought or understood it was the stage 2 flash that allowed you to get up to 120mph and is still in the works or am i wrong
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Doug;1301163]
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanSpyder View Post
    Nice to hear that there are more and more upgraded Spyders moving ar
    I do have Monster FI upgraded ECU on my F3 and it is now no problem to get my Spyder to 120 MPH fast if needed. There is no need to go any faster, but it is always good to know that you can if needed Monster FI flash is really impressive and after you ride you "new" Spyder you do not want to get your old one back

I thought or understood it was the stage 2 flash that allowed you to get up to 120mph and is still in the works or am i wrong

The basic tune (stage one) without removing the RPM limits will let you get to 120 pretty darn fast without difficulty.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Doug;1301163]
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanSpyder View Post
    Nice to hear that there are more and more upgraded Spyders moving ar

I believe the Stage 2 removes the top speed limiter & adds a new cooling cycle feature. I don't know if the Stage 2 upgrade will have the same $$$ price for that upgrade.. I question the wisdom of exceeding 120 mph if one is riding on stock issue tires...
    Last edited by Wildrice; 09-17-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

So, one question is, 'Why are you still on stock issue tires?' I mean why buy those if you lack confidence in them?
    2016 F3T Limited
    F4 Windshield, LaMonster backrest, headlights, foglights with rings, Long Horn mirror lights, saddle bag and fender lights, swaybar, cat bypass, Centrtonics balancers, Fobo, Baker hand and lower wings, laser alignment, Dual power plate,Givi E47 center bag, Sensa 20s, Pitbull highway riding pegs, Tricled highway lights, empty bank account

Spyder Garage

In my opinion, if you upgrade your ECU you must be ready to change also the tires (if you have Kendas), rear & front shocks and Baja Ron sway bar would be good thing to have as well. Otherwise you can go fast only on a straight roads.

Allan

[QUOTE=Wildrice;1301300]
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post

I believe the Stage 2 removes the top speed limiter & adds a new cooling cycle feature. I don't know if the Stage 2 upgrade will have the same $$$ price for that upgrade.. I question the wisdom of exceeding 120 mph if one is riding on stock issue tires...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nealperkins View Post
    So, one question is, 'Why are you still on stock issue tires?' I mean why buy those if you lack confidence in them?

I am still riding on the original issue tires. Most of my driving has been short trips plus I had a Hayabusa, a few health issues including L5-S1 spacer fusion, a non-diagnosed broken lower right rib which disabled the right lung diaphragm (just had 1 lung for over 1.5 yr--bent down to pick up something--gurgling noise started for 6-7 seconds & now right lung is working paradox to the left--Unbelievable--huh + +. When I replace Kedras will not be my brand of choice.
    Darrell

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're back to tires again???

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We're back to tires again???

Yes Bob---we have a very short attention span--It's the part of the vehicle where the rubber meets the road--some think it's important :-)

Darrell
    Last edited by Wildrice; 09-18-2017 at 11:31 AM.