Thread: New Tire

Spyder Garage

Default New Tire

Well it is done! New Kuhmo Ecsta on the rear. Wasn't a hard chore. Worst part was waiting on the tire to arrive via UPS. Well I say that was the worst part. I did dig into the paint on my wheel with the rim clamps on the tire machine. But thanks to my trusty can of black gloss paint and a touch up brush you can't even tell it. I went for a test ride about three miles to make sure everything rode right and it seems to ride better. I will be able to tell more on the open highway. I only got 6072 miles out of the Kenda. Probably will not go with another one of those.

Spyder Garage

Default KUMHO

I'VE had 5 KUMHO's on my various SPYD3Rs.... and i have NOTHING bad to say about them... a VERY GOOD tire.... however, i mounted the MICHELIN HYDRO-EDGE 215/60 R15 just before my ride to Nova Scotia, and I'm here to say the Michelin is a much superior tire than the KUMHO, and lightyears ahead of the KENDA's.... these are getting harder n harder to find, so if anyone out there wants one, start your hunt now, even tho you aren't ready to R&R your rear tire....
    enjoy your new KUMHO, and expect to get around 25,000 miles of smiles from it...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It seems that all the good Spyder tires are hard to find. Just when someone says how great a tire is the manufacturer no longer makes it in the necessary size.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Just put a Kuhmo on my wife's F3S. Ordered it from WallMart got it in 2 days. Also put the rear wheel balancer from Lamont.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

I put on a set of the kuhmo's this spring and found that they do not drift like the OEM's did. Always had a problem on crowned roads drifting around but with the flat Kuhmo's I have noted that the drift is gone.

Spyder Garage

Default michelin

I am seriously considering the Michelin Hydroedge in a 195/60/15 just slightly taller and 1" narrower.
    I'm thinking narrower might be better in a rain situation with bike spreading it's weight across 3 wheels.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HYDRO - EDGE

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    I am seriously considering the Michelin Hydroedge in a 195/60/15 just slightly taller and 1" narrower.
    I'm thinking narrower might be better in a rain situation with bike spreading it's weight across 3 wheels.
    Just letting you know ....this model tire was dis-continued a couple of years ago and replaced by the " Defender " ... which imho is not the Equal of the Hydro-Edge .... So if you find one check the date of manufacture ...... The Primacy model is one I would recommend , a bit pricey, but a very good tire. Your size choice will work but the dry traction will suffer a bit ..... a 215 or 205 might be a better choice, unless you ride in the Rain most of the time ...... jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    I'VE had 5 KUMHO's on my various SPYD3Rs.... and i have NOTHING bad to say about them... a VERY GOOD tire.... however, i mounted the MICHELIN HYDRO-EDGE 215/60 R15 just before my ride to Nova Scotia, and I'm here to say the Michelin is a much superior tire than the KUMHO, and lightyears ahead of the KENDA's.... these are getting harder n harder to find, so if anyone out there wants one, start your hunt now, even tho you aren't ready to R&R your rear tire....
    enjoy your new KUMHO, and expect to get around 25,000 miles of smiles from it...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Did the 215/60 R15 cause any problems with the ABS--seem like it may have a different speed rotation--I have a 2015 F3's with 225/50/R15. The 60 versus 50 have a different circumference ...
    Last edited by Wildrice; 09-22-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black