Spyder Garage

Default GPS Trip / Route issues

I have a Garmin 2797. I receuved the instructions from a SL to convert a Google map route to the file onto the GPS.
    The issue I am having is when I go into the trips portion of the GPS and select the route it asks where I want to proceed to, either the start point or the end point. When I select the start point, it will lead me to the start point, but once Im there it continues to keep takibg me back to the start point and not down the route I have downloaded. The route shows on over all map, but for some reason it just wont lead me down the route. I even tried starting from the end point with the same issues. The route is just a loop with the start and stop point close to the same place. I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues and or what Im doing wrong.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Do you have to activate the route once you get to the start point?? All of my Garmin GPS's will direct me to the selected start point on a route (if I'm not already there when I select the route) but then once I'm there, I hafta activate the route in order for it to start directing me along it!!

I dunno, maybe it's the way I've set them up, but if I select a route when I'm NOT at (or very near) one of the points on that route, it doesn't actually activate the route until I arrive at the nominated end & then activate the route....

Over to you - good luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default man i do not like those

hahahaha , which one would you like I bet we have 3 of those dang g-p-s systems around here , the little lady see one , has up to date systems , and we use it once or twice , I hate hearing the voice tell me we are lost { I mean . we are touring } ohhh the British mans voice , ohhhhh out the window with you buddy , I know where I been , I am not lost ! and no I am not turning around to find that last place we toured !