Thread: Water Pump leak

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Water Pump leak

My 2016 RT Limited was leaking coolant at the right front engine area. I have 7500 miles on the bike. The Dealer first thought it was a hose, but later said that it was the water pump. The part will be shipped in 5-7 days. Anyone have a water pump fail on your Spyder. Little Blue
    Last edited by Little Blue; 10-01-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...😠

Have not heard of any on the new models. The older ones did have problems with the high mileages. Do hope they got it right and it is not some other problem,. Water leaks are a to find and can seem to be from one place and yet come from another.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Had mine replaced in 2016 at approx 24000km on the bike.Its a 2015 RT-S
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default On The Road Again

The water pump was replaced under warranty. I was glad for that. Back on the road again and running great. By the way, dealer said that they have only replaced 3 pumps on spyders with the 1330 engine. Dealer said BRP probably will not tell if the pump is an issue. Little Blue
    Last edited by Little Blue; 10-17-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I started noticing coolant stains on the outside of my 2015 F3S with only 2k miles on it. The F3's were brand new on the market back then and had to wait 9 weeks for the part. However I still rode it with the advice from dealer and down time was only 2 hours when they finally replaced the water pump under warranty.

Spyder Garage

Default similar leak here

We also have a coolant leak on our 2015 RTL (7600 miles), same place you've described. Its at the dealership now for that issue plus other problems, but in regards to the coolant leak, they said they can't find the leak but the coolant level was down.......imagine that!! It's leaked out onto our garage floor. I wonder why they can't locate the source of the leak??

We need a GOOD and EXPERIENCED dealership in the New England or New York area. Does anyone have any reccommendations, please?
    Nate and Lori

2021 Spyder RT Limited--Deep Marsala Red--Chrome Edition

[/B]​Nelson-Rigg half cover, Hopnel side bags and trunk liner bags, , Driver's Backrest, BRP Trailer hitch and control module, 131 DB horn from TricLED, "Shadow" trailer from Mini Trailer USA,

Spyder Garage

Checked with my Dealer if they heard back from BRP. Still NO answer on the water pump. I guess it must be TOP SECRET issue.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBears View Post
    We also have a coolant leak on our 2015 RTL (7600 miles), same place you've described. Its at the dealership now for that issue plus other problems, but in regards to the coolant leak, they said they can't find the leak but the coolant level was down.......imagine that!! It's leaked out onto our garage floor. I wonder why they can't locate the source of the leak??

We need a GOOD and EXPERIENCED dealership in the New England or New York area. Does anyone have any reccommendations, please?
    Might want them to check the radiator hose clamp on the right side. Ours had a leak there.

Spyder Garage

Default Water pump

My pump went at about 2000 miles. I don't know why it when but my dealer had done the first service in the fall, in the spring I rode it twice and the pump let go.
    2015 F3-S
    2015 F3S , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Developed a coolant leak over the winter. I've just checked if any of the radiators/water pump are covered under the extended warranty. They are not. I can't imagine how expensive the water pump is...hopefully my leak is just a hose clamp.

My husband's about to disassemble the tupperware on my '15 F3S to investigate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    Developed a coolant leak over the winter. I've just checked if any of the radiators/water pump are covered under the extended warranty. They are not. I can't imagine how expensive the water pump is...hopefully my leak is just a hose clamp.

My husband's about to disassemble the tupperware on my '15 F3S to investigate.

Not sure why you think the radiators and water pump are not covered under BRP warranty but they are. Been there and done that as have others. The hoses and clamp are not covered by the extended warranty but the pump and radiators and the failure prone plastic thermostat housing are all covered.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I just had my water pump and top hose and all clamps changed on best warranty. 2014 RTL with 68000km on it.
    Only paid my 50 dollar base fee.
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!