Spyder Garage

Default its true , it is a sickness

IT HAS SPREAD FOLKS , I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE LOCAL DOC IN A BOX , the verdict is grim , FARKLES is like chicken pox , you do not get just one the wife went off the deep end , boxes arriving daily , u.p.s. has a station set up in our front yard , faster delivery ....... but really guys and gals we seem to be farkled will post a photo when the epidemic has passed

Spyder Garage

Default Go nuts with the LED's !!

I added ALL the LED's from Spyderpops! Rear turn signals, Bump Skid, High brake light for trunk cover... Looks awesome! I told the wife they were for safety, more visibility and she bought it ! Well that's the excuse I used to buy them all . Then next was popping out the analog gauges and putting in USB power up front - something that is sorely missing. And then an X-Grip from canamspyderaccessories.com.. and then.. and then...

Spyder Garage

Default Really. ...😲

optomistic are we... been here long..?? from what you see here there is no "when it passes"... you can tell ups to bring the brick and mortar and make it permanent...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default hahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    optomistic are we... been here long..?? from what you see here there is no "when it passes"... you can tell ups to bring the brick and mortar and make it permanent...
    now that was funny

Spyder Garage

Good luck with your farkleitis. Many have been infected and are still suffering.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default UPS

i hear ya pal.....
    the only thing better than having UPS in your front yard, is to make your FARKLES yourself..... DIY is the way to go...
    BEST OF LUCK.... and enjoy....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

It NEVER ends. Just when you think you have the bike EXACTLY the way you want it, a new model (must have) comes out and it starts all over again. (The voice of experience speaking) There is no cure.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    IT HAS SPREAD FOLKS , I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE LOCAL DOC IN A BOX , the verdict is grim , FARKLES is like chicken pox , you do not get just one the wife went off the deep end , boxes arriving daily , u.p.s. has a station set up in our front yard , faster delivery ....... but really guys and gals we seem to be farkled will post a photo when the epidemic has passed
    This epidemic doesn't pass! It is a permanently altered state. To non-SpyderLovers, we look normal, but we know we're different. I wonder if it will become part of our genetic signature.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

my wife has immunized me against most farkles

Spyder Garage

"my wife has immunized me against most farkles"

What size lead pipe did she use? Did it leave any visible scars?
    intelligence is genetic. Stupidity is an acquired skill.

Spyder Garage

Default Once again this is appropriate !!

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default installation

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    I added ALL the LED's from Spyderpops! Rear turn signals, Bump Skid, High brake light for trunk cover... Looks awesome! I told the wife they were for safety, more visibility and she bought it ! Well that's the excuse I used to buy them all . Then next was popping out the analog gauges and putting in USB power up front - something that is sorely missing. And then an X-Grip from canamspyderaccessories.com.. and then.. and then...
    How hard is it to install the rear and brake LED lights from Spyderpops? I was thinking about doing it myself since the web site says they are easy to install since it has good instructions. But the local shop quoted me $210 labor which suggests to me that it is harder than it sounds.

Thanks.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    How hard is it to install the rear and brake LED lights from Spyderpops? I was thinking about doing it myself since the web site says they are easy to install since it has good instructions. But the local shop quoted me $210 labor which suggests to me that it is harder than it sounds.

Thanks.
    If they charge ?210 then, depending on labor rate it is 2.5 - 3 hours labor. So for me to do it that would be about 4 to 5 hours of relaxing work on the Byke, when I cannot Ryde because of bad weather. That makes it another good day. For the inexperienced, most of your time will be used in removing the Tupperwar. It will be a learning experience, just remember where the short screws go and where the long ones go and you will be good to go.

Most of this stuff from our sponsor vendors is pretty easy, because they write good instruction and if you don't understand something they are happy to walk you through it on the phone.

If you DIY the Farkles, you will enjoy them even more.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate