Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9

Default Took the Plunge - 2017 RT Limited (gray) is now in the garage!

Hi Gang!

New Spyder owner here, in Las Vegas. Couldn't resist all the rebates and extended warranty. I am currently pouring through all the posts on this incredibly informative forum, looking at mods to add-on, etc. So far, loving the ride!!

Feel free to reply back with any advice you may have, any "must-haves", etc. The riding season here is quite long!

Thanks!
    Todd

Spiceman Spyder.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spiceman64 View Post
    Hi Gang!

New Spyder owner here, in Las Vegas. Couldn't resist all the rebates and extended warranty. I am currently pouring through all the posts on this incredibly informative forum, looking at mods to add-on, etc. So far, loving the ride!!

Feel free to reply back with any advice you may have, any "must-haves", etc. The riding season here is quite long!

Thanks!
    Todd

Spiceman Spyder.jpg
    and
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed

Current bike
    2016 F3-T Audio package.

Congratulations and welcome. I have been riding my 2016 RTL for about 6 weeks now. I really love this machine. I went from a Goldwing to the Spyder and don't regret it at all. In fact I wish I did it sooner. While the info on this site is excellent, I decided to ride the machine to see what I thought it needed and so far I think an upgraded sway bar and something to eliminate the belt vibration is in my future. Also the radio reception is poor but since I listen through my helmet, I'm not too worried about that. Everything else I would like are cosmetic in nature. Chris

Default Welcom aboard

You have found a great place for information. And I see you are already to start the farkeling addiction. My personal favorite is any lighting improvements LED's /add ons.You can never have too many lights on a Spyder.

Enjoy that new ryde and .
    Ranman42

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Congrats on your new bike. I suggest that you ignore most of the farkle advice and ride the vehicle for a while. Things that some people say these bikes need is not an issue for other people (example in my case is the sway bar). Ride the bike and then decide on customization items that fit your specific needs.

, and on your choice!

2010 RT A&C ................................. 2014 RT Limited.
    (Both are gone, but not forgotten!)

Default Congrats and welcome ...

Congrats on a beautiful machine that will bring you years of enjoyment..! Welcome to (I.M.O.) the best forum out there for information on these machines. Looking forward to hearing from you as you enjoy it traveling to all of your destinations..!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    missing belt guard
    2005 Silverado Duramax
    2016 Crossroads RV Toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills. Excellent..!!

Very Active Member

and on your spyder purchase. Dale

Default Welcome to the forum...

...and congratulations on your new Spyder!! I know you will love the ryde. Be sure to check out this link on the forum... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat
    2010 RT SM5
    Added 12 volt outlet on dash
    Kuryakan Widow Pegs
    BRP trailer hitch
    While at Spyderfest 2017, added
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Spyderpops Lighted bumpskid
    TricLED Wide View mirrors

Default Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiceman64 View Post
    Hi Gang!

Thanks!
    Todd

Spiceman Spyder.jpg
    Maybe we can get together for breakfast........hisst. Where did you buy it from. ......
    If you are burning gas and killin bugs you must be havin a good time

Default Congradulations

Red Rock rally is close to you and is coming up the end of this month. If you could make it up there (St. George UT) you would meet lots of owners and even talk to venders. Its a great time and lots of information. Bob
    2016 RTS White
    Lid locks
    Polaris shock inserts
    Pax arm rests Diamond R
    Squared away
    Ron bar
    Woho horn
    Personal pin stripping
    Plus other personal touches
    tricleds, front A-arms, rear top box, saddelbags leds

and on the new

Read the Do's and Don'ts if you have not already done so. Start with lights. You cannot have to many of those. I like the General Dynamics trunk light and the TriCled LED's.

Give yourself a thousand miles or so before any riding modifications. Shocks, seats, etc. Big ticket items and you may or may not need them for your comfort. A thousand miles in the saddle and you will know. You might have Joe and Ann (Squared Away Alignment) give your a look over. Many come from the factory--not aligned properly. If yours does not need an adjustment, they will not charge you for it. They also have lots of add on goodies.

Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 9 years, 139,000 miles, 5 Spyder miles per post.

Default Welcome welcome....

To both the spyder world and this almost always awesome site...congrats on the new ryde.. There is a wealth of information here and you can ask if you don't see what your looking for...We will get back to you post haste...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

SpyderLovers Sponsor Cindy-TricLED's Avatar

Default Congrats from TricLED

Congrats on your new Spyder! Brand new ride is always nice.
    TricLED would like to offer new owner 10% of your purchase of our brand product to new owners.

Enjoy and many happy miles ahead!

- Cindy

& &

Deanna
    2014RTS-SE6 Cognac I am a Happy Spyder Owner!

BRP Semi-Rigid Rear Side Cargo Travel Bags
    BRP Glove Box Organizer
    Ron-rnet Laser Alignment
    TRIC-LED Spyderpockets
    STV Black Carbon Fiber Windshield Blackout
    WRAPMYSPYDER.COM Sceptor Kit Reflective Decals-Orange
    BLUEKNIGHT911 (Mike) painted Dashboard+ GPS plug-in
    BRP Half Cover
    WRAPMYSPYDER.COM Air Dam Web Decal Black Reflective
    General Altimax RT 43 Rear tire
    BRP Full cover
    TRIC-LEDS Front Fender Marker Lights & Saddlebag Markers Lights

Congratulation and welcome aboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Bump Skid
    Ultimate Seat
    Air Horn
    Fuze Block
    LED Marker & Brake lights
    Custom Art Work

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Thanks all! I'm going to ride that 1K miles before I start the customization process. Also have to take into consideration how the Mrs. feels about the ride. I read the do's and don'ts for new riders thread before I purchased!! I love to research stuff before purchasing, especially stuff that costs 5 figures!

Place of purchase?.. Ride Now Rancho on the north side of town.

Rally in St. George?... I'd like to get a bit more local riding under my belt before I do a road trip. Thanks for the invite tho! Related - There's a riding club here, correct? Mojave Desert, I think? I've got to look them up and become a member!

Laser alignment - yeah - read up on that too. Those who get it done absolutely love it. Definitely want to get that done, or at least looked at.

Discounts for new riders?... Love it! Bring it on!!

Looking forward to meeting the locals on the next ride.

I think that covers it for now.

Enjoy the ride,
    Spiceman

Hey Spiceman, Welcome. You'll enjoy the ride. But, come on...... Vegas to St George IS a local ride. You'll be missing a great time and the opportunity to connect with some very fine people (and me)
    2014 RTL, Baha Ron Bar, Elka stage 2 Shocks, Lamonster Hiway pegs, Lamonster Bump Skid, Centramatic Wheel Balancers, Tricled Wide Vu Mirrors, Third Tail/Brake light, Missing Belt Guard, Federal Formoza front and General Altimax rear tires, Squared Away, Full mirror turn signals, Foam handle bar grips, Doc Humphreys Vibration Damper, Matching RT622 Trailer

Congratulations and welcome again Spiceman, What they said, I rode my stock '13 RTL for 4,000 miles before I could get Tric-LED's Ultimate bundle installed at Spyderfest, that alone made the wife and I feel safer out amongst the cagers ... daytime and night.
    We've all seen it a million times on OSHA posters at shops, "Safety First", then what makes you happy when you feel like it. There's so many options, it was nice seeing hundreds of other Spyders at a Spyder event to really judge what I needed versus thought I needed... Asking other ryders, why did you get "that" and would you .... questions really helped.
    Enjoy the ride, see the country! Wear those tires out! Watch out tho, some days my cheeks hurt so bad from smiling (the ones up by my nose....), though I do have a Beadrider seat for those 560 mile days like yesterday...
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel

2013 RT Limited,
    Factory RT Cooling Mod
    2014 right side grill and block-off plate
    Sena SM-10 w/ MC Dave cable and SMH-10's
    TricLED's Ultimate Safety Bundle Plus, Wide Vu Mirrors, Organizers,
    Multi Mount Dash Mount, Euro Horn

PPA Widow 15 Wheels, Lamonster Wheel Balancers
    Squared Away
    Laser Aligned,
    Baja Ron's Bar and Links
    SC's HMT Tail/Turn light, BRP Plate frame and Swing Arm End Caps
    Magic Mirrors (Tether-free)
    Iron Butt Association

Cool Re in garage

[QUOTE=Spiceman64;1299999]Hi Gang!

Thanks!
    Todd

Spiceman Spyder.jpg[/QUOTE In Las Vegas it's in the Garage why you should be riding at least go see Joe and Ann at Squared Away and get alignment checked