Spyder Garage

Default H/L and TIRE ?'s

are fog lamps adjustable down[too lazy to look in the book] got caught in the dark sun. night.
    led h/l's are fine .just need to go up a hair, but had to turn the fog lamps off cause
    they were interfering with the light pattern. i assume they should be aiming down to
    act like actual fog lamps. i havent changed these over to led's yet.

another ? pertaining to tires. i just put fomozas and fat six chromes on the front.
    also recently had dealer put on an altimax rear.ive been squared away and the dealer rechecked
    aftr rear tire install. it now seems to act a little [?]squirrelier now driving. i even put the
    siver fat six back on w/kenda tires . seems to track straighter. any comments, other than
    its all in my head or im nt a good driver. gonna go line the h/l's now
    thanks for your help in advance--irv toms
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Default Squirrely

I copied and pasted this from Tire Rack. My new Formoza's were squirrely at first also. After 100 Mi. or so they are great.

Tires are comprised of many layers of rubber, steel and fabric. Due to these different components, your new tires require a break-in period to ensure that they deliver their normal ride quality and maximum performance. As tires are cured, a release lubricant is applied to prevent them from sticking in their mold. Some of the lubricant stays on the surface of your tires, reducing traction until it is worn away. Five hundred miles of easy acceleration, cornering and braking will allow the mold release lubricant to wear off, allowing the other tire components to begin working together. It is also important to note that your old tires probably had very little tread depth remaining when you felt it was time to replace them. As any autocrosser or racer who has tread rubber shaved off of his tires will tell you, low tread depth tires respond more quickly. Don't be surprised if your new tires are a little slower to respond (even if you use the exact same tire as before). Their new, full depth brings with it a little more tread squirm until they wear down.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good information.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SQUIRRELY ????

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    are fog lamps adjustable down[too lazy to look in the book] got caught in the dark sun. night.
    led h/l's are fine .just need to go up a hair, but had to turn the fog lamps off cause
    they were interfering with the light pattern. i assume they should be aiming down to
    act like actual fog lamps. i havent changed these over to led's yet.

another ? pertaining to tires. i just put fomozas and fat six chromes on the front.
    also recently had dealer put on an altimax rear.ive been squared away and the dealer rechecked
    aftr rear tire install. it now seems to act a little [?]squirrelier now driving. i even put the
    siver fat six back on w/kenda tires . seems to track straighter. any comments, other than
    its all in my head or im nt a good driver. gonna go line the h/l's now
    thanks for your help in advance--irv toms
    It's ALL in your head .... your KENDA probably has 28 psi in it ....that's 10 psi MORE than I run in my rear tire ..... and I ride KICK - *SS fast ...... not squirrelly to me .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

My tires took a while to "wear in" too when they were brand new. After a few hundred miles things really settled down. I was getting shakes and vibrations that were fairly minor, but irritatiing.. Give em a couple hundred miles and see how they do before throwing a bunch of money at it. Keep your front pressures equal.....Some run em with higher pressure than others, and that's another giant can of worms that you don't wanna open. Just do what YOU do.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

they have about 800 miles now .dropped from 22 to 20#. rear carries 22.
    yep its all in my head, mike[or handlebars]thanks for all the help.--irv

ps. not pulling to the left as bad, this was even on crowned wis country roads
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I run mine formozas at 19.5psi and rear at 29. The bike should run straight on a flat road.

Putting on the Clearwater lights really brightened up the road too with LED headlights. I do not use the fog lights.