Spyder Garage

Default J&M Elite 629 Series MP3 hookup to helmet

The dealer told me it would cost $2500 to have a CB installed at the time of my new 2017 RT Limited purchase. They recommended dongle instead, but that wouldn’t probably connect me to the rest of the Goldwing club members.
    I can’t afford the CB this year and I would like to temporarily connect my existing Goldwing’s modular helmet setup (P-Series Lower-Section 8-pin Cord J&M® 5-pin HC-PB) to the 3.5mm jack in my cell phone to listen to music.
    Or maybe I could add some flat speaker/'s to this existing helmet. I don’t want to play the music from the radio loud as I don’t want to annoy people around.

I am very frustrated trying to find something on the Internet for hours now. There are so many simple one dollar headphone jacks available to listen to music from various devices; but, nothing to plug a 3.5mm audio jack into the 8-pin male plug or into the 5-pin male plug via connection cable. I did find a 4-year old YouTube vid reviewing a plug ( ) by SpoiledBikerReviews; but, this plug doesn’t seem to be available anymore.

I am not sure about these flat headphones from eBay, but might to try one of them for the temporary use:
    Motorcycle Helmet Headset Headphone Earphone 3.5mm Plug For Mobile Phone MP3 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motorcycle-He...5.c100005.m1851

or Sports/Motorcycle Helmet Headset Earphone+Extension Cord 3.5mm Audio http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Sports-Motorcycle-Helmet-Headset-Earphone-Extension-Cord-3-5mm-Audio-New-/401391086314?hash=item5d74c5eaea:g:NigAAOSwgQ9VwwX Z

Any help and/or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default A Better Solution

You need a SENA SM10 Bluetooth cable then a female to female converter. The other better option is wings have an Aux input to the radio, its tucked under the right glove box, take the box out and pull the cable out to the inside of the Glove Box, if they cheated you mon the cable then purchase a $15 AUX input cable from J&M easy plug and play, hook your phone to the bike, turn radio to AUX and listen through your normal headset cable, connected to the bike intercom.

I have helped put these on 5 different year 1800's and 2 of the five had the cable Capture.JPG

OOPS I see you are not hooking up a wing but an RT, sorry. Search 3.5mm to the pin you want, there is a company that makes them, but I will have to dig through my motorcycle junk pile tonight when I gat home.
    Last edited by Lunchbox1983; 09-13-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: opps

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena

Quote Originally Posted by INfox View Post
    The dealer told me it would cost $2500 to have a CB installed at the time of my new 2017 RT Limited purchase. They recommended dongle instead, but that wouldn’t probably connect me to the rest of the Goldwing club members.
    I can’t afford the CB this year and I would like to temporarily connect my existing Goldwing’s modular helmet setup (P-Series Lower-Section 8-pin Cord J&M® 5-pin HC-PB) to the 3.5mm jack in my cell phone to listen to music.
    Or maybe I could add some flat speaker/'s to this existing helmet. I don’t want to play the music from the radio loud as I don’t want to annoy people around.

I am very frustrated trying to find something on the Internet for hours now. There are so many simple one dollar headphone jacks available to listen to music from various devices; but, nothing to plug a 3.5mm audio jack into the 8-pin male plug or into the 5-pin male plug via connection cable. I did find a 4-year old YouTube vid reviewing a plug ( ) by SpoiledBikerReviews; but, this plug doesn’t seem to be available anymore.

I am not sure about these flat headphones from eBay, but might to try one of them for the temporary use:
    Motorcycle Helmet Headset Headphone Earphone 3.5mm Plug For Mobile Phone MP3 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motorcycle-He...5.c100005.m1851

or Sports/Motorcycle Helmet Headset Earphone+Extension Cord 3.5mm Audio http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Sports-Motorcycle-Helmet-Headset-Earphone-Extension-Cord-3-5mm-Audio-New-/401391086314?hash=item5d74c5eaea:g:NigAAOSwgQ9VwwX Z

Any help and/or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.
    I have found the best and cheapest way to listen to music and phone is using Sena. I used .it on three Gold Wings and now my Spyder. I found the helmet speakers where better than J&M. Phone works great.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Eds Sets has an adaptor

http://www.edsets.com/universal_adapter.php

Just add a 3.5 mm male to male and you are good to go.

Ed Sets.jpg

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will be most likely purchasing the adapter and 3.5mm male to male.
    I might get the Sena system with a new helmet next year.
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket