Recently had laser alignment at Cowtown and bike sure tracks better down the road. Had a Transmission code that popped up and BUDS indicated a soft shift which was cleared while at Cowtown. ( Great people there by the way, just almost a 3 hour drive from where I live.) The problem reappeared soon after I got home and the mechanic said it was more than likely the paddle shifter going bad. It cleared when I shifted pretty aggressively, but the code keeps reappearing. I usually shift pretty aggressively at higher RPM, but have some lower speed shifts during Patriot Guard Missions.

Fast forward and I have the OEM replacement part. I am a pretty decent mechanic, so not afraid of installing, just not quite sure what all needs to come off to reach the modular plug so I can swap out. Any suggestions, video, sequence to disassemble, etc would help. The Tupperware around the speedometer/ gauge area is kind of different, so do not want to break it by using improper techniques to separate the plastic snap together parts. Looks like the wiring harness terminates up under the speedometer and electronics area, but I can not see in there well enough or get my hand in to unplug the harness. I have already removed the tupperwear from the sides of the 2008 GS SE5 so can see into the engine compartment at least some.

Suggestions on how to complete are welcomed!! Nothing gained by telling me to take it to a dealer, just would rather work on it myself. Thanks!!