Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal tires

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default tire issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    Why do people change away from the factory size of 225/50/15? Is it to keep the same brand on the front and back? What difference will it make to go to a taller tire like the 225/60/15. The tire width is the same 8.9" but the sidewall is almost 1" taller. Also, the speedometer would be about 5 MPH slow that you would actually be doing at 70 MPH indicated. Is there something that would be too close and rub? I have the automatic ride height shocks so I guess I could always raise the ride height if absolutely necessary.
    #1st read my post #21 above for some answers ....... The auto ride height adjustment isn't going to change the distance from the front of the Swing arm and a tire that is 1" bigger in diameter is going to be dangerously close to front of the swing arm ....possibly touching it ...... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    Why do people change away from the factory size of 225/50/15?
    Because there's so d*** few tires out there that size. The closest overall size to the OEM is the 215/60/15 and it fits quite nicely in the space it runs in.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Tire rack

It seems the tire rack has
    Yokohama advan ao48
    kumho ecsta ast
    pirelli p-zero trofeo
    pirelli p-zero system in our 225/50/15 size.