Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Adventures at Maggie Valley

I'm scheduled to attend the Spyder Adventures event in Maggie Valley in October. Attended last year. I understand that there's no sponsored rides going on. Is anyone interested in getting a group of riders together and ride as a group to enjoy the fantastic sites?

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by R30SHIRE View Post
    I'm scheduled to attend the Spyder Adventures event in Maggie Valley in October. Attended last year. I understand that there's no sponsored rides going on. Is anyone interested in getting a group of riders together and ride as a group to enjoy the fantastic sites?
    I am pretty familiar with the area, and will be taking a group out each day (thursday through saturday). I will try to post up something here each day. All area welcome to come along. I lead a couple of groups last year. We can do it however you want. Sight seeing, or turn and burn. Either way is fine with me. We will arrive on Wednesday from the Raleigh area, and i will be bringing 4-5 spyders and 1-2 two wheelers. We will be taking the long way there and probably try out the Diamondback, Devil's whip, and the BRP to get there. Possibly check out Mt. Mitchel also.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am pretty familiar with the area, and will be taking a group out each day (thursday through saturday). I will try to post up something here each day. All area welcome to come along. I lead a couple of groups last year. We can do it however you want. Sight seeing, or turn and burn. Either way is fine with me. We will arrive on Wednesday from the Raleigh area, and i will be bringing 4-5 spyders and 1-2 two wheelers. We will be taking the long way there and probably try out the Diamondback, Devil's whip, and the BRP to get there. Possibly check out Mt. Mitchel also.

Perfect. Count us in.

Spyder Garage

Perfect. Count us in.
    Great! Now, keep in mind that this is not an official guided tour ride. I am just someone who loves the area and welcome showing anyone the beauty that is in the NC/Tenn, Georgia, and SC mountains. We ride often and have mainly 2 rules. Leave no man (or woman) behind, and have a butt load of fun. Hope to see you there. We will be staying at the Hearth and Home Inn, right on Soco rd. Most days we will either meet up and/or leave from the local Bojangles. More details to come.

Spyder Garage

Default spyder adventures

what are the dates for this event ?

Spyder Garage

Default maggie valley event

October 12-15
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Great! Now, keep in mind that this is not an official guided tour ride. I am just someone who loves the area and welcome showing anyone the beauty that is in the NC/Tenn, Georgia, and SC mountains. We ride often and have mainly 2 rules. Leave no man (or woman) behind, and have a butt load of fun. Hope to see you there. We will be staying at the Hearth and Home Inn, right on Soco rd. Most days we will either meet up and/or leave from the local Bojangles. More details to come.

I totally understand that. I visit the area twice yearly for the last 6 years so we're familiar with the areas, we love riding with a group.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by willey View Post
    what are the dates for this event ?
    best Spyder riding country you'll ever encounter.

Spyder Garage

im in

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RIDING

... I'm arriving on Sunday to get some riding in ...... I'm Vendoring this year so I don't know when I'll be free .... Thanks for posting this info ..........Mike

Spyder Garage

Being a newlywed rider here, can anyone tell me more about the Spyder Adventures at Maggie Valley event. When I went and googled Maggie Valley Rally, I found a website that doesn't mention any Spyder events, but lots of others.
    Being that I'm from WAAAAAYY up north in MN (not really that up north myself, but you get the idea), I can't attend this year as we're having a family reunion that weekend, but I could plan for future years...<G>

Is this like a Spider Fest, Spin, Rendezvous event or a Spyder's in the Ozarks like event? (All the Spyder specific events we've made this year as a reference).
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Being a newlywed rider here, can anyone tell me more about the Spyder Adventures at Maggie Valley event. When I went and googled Maggie Valley Rally, I found a website that doesn't mention any Spyder events, but lots of others.
    Being that I'm from WAAAAAYY up north in MN (not really that up north myself, but you get the idea), I can't attend this year as we're having a family reunion that weekend, but I could plan for future years...<G>

Is this like a Spider Fest, Spin, Rendezvous event or a Spyder's in the Ozarks like event? (All the Spyder specific events we've made this year as a reference).
    Go on the HOME page of Spyder Lovers and click on the picture of Joan and Lamont on the Daytona edition, that will take you to the N. American events list with links to the events.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will be arriving on Wednesday evening with three ladies from the Buckeye state. None of us have driven bikes in Maggie Valley, on rode on her husband's rear seat once and I drove the Dragon in a car once, that was interesting.

I would sure like to join your party if we could. Will you be starting from your hotel? Time for KSU?

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I will be arriving on Wednesday evening with three ladies from the Buckeye state. None of us have driven bikes in Maggie Valley, on rode on her husband's rear seat once and I drove the Dragon in a car once, that was interesting.

I would sure like to join your party if we could. Will you be starting from your hotel? Time for KSU?

Joe
    Pm replied.

Spyder Garage

What time do your rides usually leave?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    What time do your rides usually leave?
    We don't have an absolute schedule. Typically we like to leave around 8, and no later than 9. Weather such as fog and possible rain will determine that. Either on Friday or Saturday, I will be leaving later, so that I will be able to go over and check out the vendors and see what there is to offer. But I will be riding everyday.

Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Event

We will be there. Hopefully the weather will be good this year. We arrive Friday afternoon.

3Wheel Bob
    3Wheel Bob

2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

I am working this weekend in order to finish up some projects and prepare to be off and at the Maggie Valley Rally. This will make my 3rd visit to the area in the past 4 weeks. I am hoping the weather is going to be great, but I should be riding somewhere each day.
    My question is, what routes and views are most interested in seeing? We will get there on Wednesday afternoon and plan on riding out somewhere between 8-9 Thursday through Saturday.
    Friday I am thinking about reserving for a trip to ride the Dragon and Cherohola Skyway. This, along with other little roads along the way will probably be a full day. My reason for choosing Friday is so that we can possibly avoid the sport bike crowds that tend to be there each Saturday.
    That leaves Thursday and Saturday for whatever roads you would like to take. I have a plan for other rides, but if anyone else has a requested area to ride in, please post up. I will be finalizing everything each evening and posting on this site. Anyone is free to come along.
    Again, this is not a sponsored ride, just someone who loves the area, loves to ride, and would love to show the beautiful area to others.
    See you there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ... I'm arriving on Sunday to get some riding in ...... I'm Vendoring this year so I don't know when I'll be free .... Thanks for posting this info ..........Mike

What are you Venduring Mike, TIRES?

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default GREAT RIDES

I am working this weekend in order to finish up some projects and prepare to be off and at the Maggie Valley Rally. This will make my 3rd visit to the area in the past 4 weeks. I am hoping the weather is going to be great, but I should be riding somewhere each day.
    My question is, what routes and views are most interested in seeing? We will get there on Wednesday afternoon and plan on riding out somewhere between 8-9 Thursday through Saturday.
    Friday I am thinking about reserving for a trip to ride the Dragon and Cherohola Skyway. This, along with other little roads along the way will probably be a full day. My reason for choosing Friday is so that we can possibly avoid the sport bike crowds that tend to be there each Saturday.
    That leaves Thursday and Saturday for whatever roads you would like to take. I have a plan for other rides, but if anyone else has a requested area to ride in, please post up. I will be finalizing everything each evening and posting on this site. Anyone is free to come along.
    Again, this is not a sponsored ride, just someone who loves the area, loves to ride, and would love to show the beautiful area to others.
    See you there.
    IMHO I'd skip the Dragon - to many idiots and the Police love the Dragon ...they usually bring a couple of Ticket / Citation Books when they start their shift ........... and the Rattler is much better imho ..... Mike ....see you there
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-07-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default HUH !

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

What are you Venduring Mike, TIRES?

​Jack
    , Nope - I'm featuring something New and Different ....... .. " Idiot Sticks " but I'm sure you have a BUNCH of those .. .......... Love,.... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO I'd skip the Dragon - to many idiots and the Police love the Dragon ...they usually bring a couple of Ticket / Citation Books when they start their shift ........... and the Rattler is much better imho ..... Mike ....see you there
    My reason for riding the dragon is actually to allow others to experience it. It is one of those roads where, if you own a motorcycle and ride in the area, you should experience it just once to say "I did it". I would rather ride Moonshiner 28 and the Cherohola Skyway, but since all 3 are in the same location, I will probably include them.
    As for Rattler (209), we can run up and do them any part of either day. Taking 63 over to Asheville is also nice. But don't forget 215, hwy 80 (Devil's whip), 226A (Diamondback), and the always lovely BRP just to name a few.
    I also wanted to do the lower half of 28 and check out some of the waterfalls. I was just there last weekend, and 28 between 74 and Franklin is being paved, so you will need to take it easy. But it will probably be on the list of one of those days. I am just excited about going and getting a chance to experience the area.

Spyder Garage

Wayah Road is another great one.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Wayah Road is another great one.
    I include that one for the return trip from the lower half of 28

Spyder Garage

Default LED's

What vender will have the best LED headlight and fog lights at Spyder Adventures??