Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Glad it worked for you.... eventually!!

Btw, you should pat yourself on the back & do a bit of cavorting around in glee!! You must be one of the few who've ever managed to recover ANYTHING from one of those black holes - for most, they are a true black hole, once anything has passed the event horizon it is forever lost!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    OK - to all who tried to help me with the removal process....THANKS.
    After finally finding and looking at a youtube video, it was apparent I was not looking at all the same screws all of you were describing. In a few minutes I had the backrest off and was looking at how to drill the new hole. NOTE to me.......NEVER do this kind of thing without covering up every possible place a small part (like the ball stud) could go hide - even when you think it just couldn't happen !!

After fishing for almost an hour I got the ball stud back from hiding (luckily in a solid "pocket" under the seat - just hard to get to with tools). Wrapped duct tape with sticky side out around my finger and after a few tries, finally it stuck and I pulled it out.

The rest is just routine stuff. Drilled the hole....made sure I covered all possible places anything could again fall...put the parts and backrest all in place....and it works as advertised and holds the rear compartment cover up very well! Nuff said ->))

THANKS AGAIN !!
    Was wondering if a picture of what you were looking at would have been a help to others?

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default What was the result?

Teninospyder: What was the result? By this I mean when you now release the lock on the topcase, how much does it open due to your movement of the shock anchor? With my stock position, when I open mine it opens perhaps only 1/4 inch or so. Does yours now open an inch or more?

Rob

[QUOTE=teninospyder;1306127]OK - to all who tried to help me with the removal process....THANKS.

The rest is just routine stuff. Drilled the hole....made sure I covered all possible places anything could again fall...put the parts and backrest all in place....and it works as advertised and holds the rear compartment cover up very well! Nuff said ->))
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.