Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Ryder in Oregon

Hi. My name is Melody, and I'm a brand new rider in Oregon. All I can say is that I love my Spyder!!! I rode behind my husband on his Harley for 5 years before I decided I wanted to ride on my own, and rode a large scooter for almost 10 years. Then my husband passed away almost a year ago, and I didn't know if I'd ride anymore. But then I rode on a Spyder, and that all changed. I felt my family and friends wouldn't be as worried about me if I was riding by myself. And I was right!!!
    This is a great forum, and happy to be part of it. I've learned a lot already
    Live Laugh Love 💞

Spyder Garage

Default New Ryder

Welcome to the Spyder Family Melody,
    There is a great chapter in Portland called the Columbia River Spyder Riders that meet at Elmer's at Delta Park in Portland on the first Saturday of every month for breakfast and if the weathers good a ride. My wife and I both have Spyders and live in Lebanon and make the 100 mile ride up most Saturdays in the summer. It's a great club and we have made some great new friends and went on some great day rides and week long trips with some of the members. Come and visit !
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Welcome to the Spyder Family Melody,
    There is a great chapter in Portland called the Columbia River Spyder Riders that meet at Elmer's at Delta Park in Portland on the first Saturday of every month for breakfast and if the weathers good a ride. My wife and I both have Spyders and live in Lebanon and make the 100 mile ride up most Saturdays in the summer. It's a great club and we have made some great new friends and went on some great day rides and week long trips with some of the members. Come and visit !
    Thanks easysuper! That sounds like a perfect fit for me!
    Live Laugh Love 💞

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on the new ryde!

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Melody,
    Welcome aboard. My wife and I are also members of the Portland Spyder Riders of America chapter. As one of the 6 Founding Members, I've watched it grow to around 100 great Spyder Riders. Come join us. We live in Newberg, Or. What model Spyder did you buy? I also rode a Honda Silverwing(a great 600 cc Scooter) for several yrs. till I saw an 08 GS and my riding life changed.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder andto the spyder web. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi Melody,
    Welcome aboard. My wife and I are also members of the Portland Spyder Riders of America chapter. As one of the 6 Founding Members, I've watched it grow to around 100 great Spyder Riders. Come join us. We live in Newberg, Or. What model Spyder did you buy? I also rode a Honda Silverwing(a great 600 cc Scooter) for several yrs. till I saw an 08 GS and my riding life changed.
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Hi John,
    Thanks for the invite to the Portland chapter. Didn't know there was one. I bought a 2017 RT Limited. I also have a Silverwing. Great scoot! But like you said, my life style changed, and I thought I might give up riding. But after one Spyder ride, I changed my thinking Let me know when and where your group meets. I'm in Aumsville, east of Salem.
    Live Laugh Love 💞

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

To both the spyder world and this most amazing site...congrats on your new ryde.. we have severl ryders from Oregon here so they may give you a "what's up" maybe get some ryding in with them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome and congrats on the Spyder. Sorry for the way it came about.

Spyder Garage

& On your new ryde.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

and on your . Lots of nice people in your area.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red