Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

3 more sleeps! C'mon already!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    On Facebook

#TBT to last year’s BRP Club event in Orlando, FL. Stay tuned for the 2018 models' unveiling on September 20th.

We’ve got big news for you! #BRPClub

Several pictures of existing models only shown

Will it be worth the wait and the hype Only time will tell
    TWO DAYS TIL SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Seems to me that in the past they usually have a big announcement publically just after the unveiling. For those who were in Valcourt, we saw the 10th Annivarsary unveiling, and minutes later it was all over the world!
    And rumor has it (from a BRP rep) they did not get the orders they anticipated on the 10th Anniversary model????????
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    Ve haf vays to make make you tock, Denman!!

thehawk

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    And rumor has it (from a BRP rep) they did not get the orders they anticipated on the 10th Anniversary model????????
    BIG F
    I'm not at all surprised. They seem to think that painting the wheels gold is going to make people flip out! These are not collectors items, they're something to ride. Give us something different like performance or technology upgrades, not the same exact bikes with different paint and badging.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    On Facebook

#TBT to last year’s BRP Club event in Orlando, FL. Stay tuned for the 2018 models' unveiling on September 20th.

We’ve got big news for you! #BRPClub

Several pictures of existing models only shown

Will it be worth the wait and the hype Only time will tell
    I truly hope we won't be disappointed on what they come out with??????????????
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-man View Post
    I'm not at all surprised. They seem to think that painting the wheels gold is going to make people flip out! These are not collectors items, they're something to ride. Give us something different like performance or technology upgrades, not the same exact bikes with different paint and badging.
    Couldn't agree more! Hope you are listening BRP.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they got fewer orders for them; that means that mine will be even rarer!

Spyder Garage

Am thinking that Anniversary editions will not have increased value. Still a bit unhappy over the "Premier Edition" fiasco in 2008 and owned a 2010 RT "Premier Edition." When it came trade in time--nobody cared.

The 10th Anniversary editions will be cherished by those who took the plunge--but guessing it will not carry forward to subsequent owners.

It will be interesting to hear how many were special ordered. Based on what I have read and heard on SL--There seems to be two so far from our site.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-18-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Someone told me

Sadly it appears that an "entry-level" Spyder will not be in the works this year........but 2019 we should see something for the entry level.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Hi Alaska,

Re: Am thinking that Anniversary editions will not have increased value. Still a bit unhappy over the "Premier Edition" fiasco in 2008 and owned a 2010 RT "Premier Edition." When it came trade in time--nobody cared.

It has been around longer than I have: A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted.

http://www.knowyourphrase.com/phrase...on-parted.html

Pet rocks are pretty 'rare' nowadays; anyone think that they are worth more than the rock laying alongside of the road?

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sadly it appears that an "entry-level" Spyder will not be in the works this year........but 2019 we should see something for the entry level.

keep calm.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-18-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But does anyone really want an entry level Spyder? I guess it depends on your definition of entry level?

I mean, based on my personal opinion BRP couldn't power it with anything smaller then the 998 that was in the RS. So there is no savings in engine. You would at least need a 5 speed manual which they could again use from the old RS but I'm sure it hasn't gotten any cheaper to manufacture. So, no $ savings in the engine or transmission. That means you need to find savings in the chassis, plastic, electronics, etc. I'm sure there is savings available in those things but how much really? The last year the RS was produced it was selling for $15K and apparently no one was buying. If you want to compete with other brands you'd have to have an entry level Spyder in the $10K range. I'm not sure BRP is willing/able to do that. I suppose this is a great topic for another thread...."what is an entry level Spyder?"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    But does anyone really want an entry level Spyder? I guess it depends on your definition of entry level?

I mean, based on my personal opinion BRP couldn't power it with anything smaller then the 998 that was in the RS. So there is no savings in engine. You would at least need a 5 speed manual which they could again use from the old RS but I'm sure it hasn't gotten any cheaper to manufacture. So, no $ savings in the engine or transmission. That means you need to find savings in the chassis, plastic, electronics, etc. I'm sure there is savings available in those things but how much really? The last year the RS was produced it was selling for $15K and apparently no one was buying. If you want to compete with other brands you'd have to have an entry level Spyder in the $10K range. I'm not sure BRP is willing/able to do that. I suppose this is a great topic for another thread...."what is an entry level Spyder?"
    Not me on entry level any more. Did that with the 2008 SM5. Prefer the dressed up RT configuration here. They will be good for those that get sticker shock at the $25K plus pricing points for most "dressed" 's.

And yes on a "What is an entry level Spyder" thread. That could prove to be interesting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They have SEVERAL engines that would work in an entry-level Spyder...
    The 600 ACE is currently in the snowmobile line-up.
    They've got a 976cc Vee-Twin in their Commanders that would also do it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    But does anyone really want an entry level Spyder?
    BRP is looking at this very hard. They know the greatest barrier to entry is price for the younger generation.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The 10th Anniversary editions will be cherished by those who took the plunge--but guessing it will not carry forward to subsequent owners.
    The 30th anniversary badge on the back of my 2005 Goldwing did nothing to enhance its market value.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did you guys get this in your email?
    Must be a partial unveiling on the 20th at 10PM EDT on Facebook. The public unveiling of the full line up is on the 21st on Facebook!
    To see the non-messed up web page go here:
    http://ebm.mail.brp.com/c/tag/hBZvDF...fWKTW156Mf uRV

Are you ready for this?
    Unveiling our 2018 lineup

On September 20, at 10 p.m. EDT, we'll be unveiling our all-new 2018 lineup. Check us out on Facebook and be the first to see what's new!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

44 hours to go.......

Spyder Garage

Really do not understand all the hoopla over a few new colors on existing models.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Looks like it will be some new colours with the old style of front fenders. Woopie(sarcasm)........

Spyder Garage

I think they are just trying to get some interest up for the unveiling. Its working--but not on me.

I am going to hold off until I see the line up. I want to see if my predictions are spot on or not.

At least this year is not as intense as the 2013 model year. That all came back and bit them pretty hard. Overhyping in order to make up for the 1330 which did not come out--as we found out much later.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Supercharger!!!!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Unless they do a turbo I could care less about the colors.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Yeah...i sort of hope there aren't too many big changes!

There is a Chamgaign 2017 RT-S sitting at the dealers that has my name on it....

😁😁