Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helmet Holders

Spyder Garage

Default We use the passenger grip rail

Quote Originally Posted by amusher View Post
    I have modular helmets. I bought 2 - 18" long pieces of small cable and the ferrules and put loops in the ends. We hang our helmets on the mirrors so I just loop a cable thru the chin bar and thru the slot in the mirror and put a small travel lock on it..
    We do something similar with our modular helmets - we put them on the seat and run a single rubber coated cable through both helmets and a passenger grip rail and use a padlock to secure through the end loops.
    If it rains while we are out walking or whatever, the insides will not get wet.
    If we will be gone a while, we throw the half cover on the bike and it helps conceal the helmets also.
    Once you have had one helmet stolen, you learn to always lock them up.
    2016 RT Limited - Red: Purchased from Pikes Peak Motorsports
    Dealer installed: TriAxis Bars;
    Self Installed: BahaRon SwayBar, Bumpskid, Corbin Armrests, Dave's BT Cable, ShowChrome Luggage Rack,Foam Grips
    Wishlist: Fox Shocks, Long Distance Seat, HID Headlights

Spyder Garage

Friend is a local county sheriff..you can get for FREE! a cable lock with key from them used for locking your pistol firearms..he said just don't tell them your using it for helmets! Your Tax Dollars at Work!! I did just that and he gave me 3!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    Friend is a local county sheriff..you can get for FREE! a cable lock with key from them used for locking your pistol firearms..he said just don't tell them your using it for helmets! Your Tax Dollars at Work!! I did just that and he gave me 3!
    Nice. Contacting local gendarme tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Border Rider View Post
    I saw a post awhile back on SL where a guy made a helmet holder for his spyder out of a piece of metal. Nothing to do today so I
    decided to make my own.
    used a piece of white vinyl porch railing I had laying around so it won't scratch the paint.
    A Dremmel tool, utility knife. tin snips and a heat gun is what I used.
    They work great and I just turn them over and the store in place under the seat.
    20180628_165921.jpg20180628_165844.jpg20180628_165833.jpg
    Great idea for sure. Here is what I posted some time back.....
    You know as I found out the helmet hangers on the RT and others I guess are a joke. Cheap plastic and you have to hang your helmet over the side causing wear marks.
    I came up with something free/cheap and easy and does a great job.
    Go to your local sheriff office or police department and ask for one of the gun/pistol locks. They gladly give them to you.
    Put a piece of tubing over the cable, cut it a bit short and put a piece of shrink wrap over that, heat and you are good to go. Got a bluetooth on the helmet? Just put on the down side. Can't see it and should be good to go.........

2018 Spyder RT
    Custom Pinstriping by Fastripe.com see video @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/5icsez0g0w...iping.mp4?dl=0
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Why do you need tubing and shrink wrap? The ones I got from my sheriff friend already had plastic covered cable so as to not scratch your gun barrel..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    Why do you need tubing and shrink wrap? The ones I got from my sheriff friend already had plastic covered cable so as to not scratch your gun barrel..
    Yes but the cable needed more protection up to the lock and end connector. I put the extra tubing on up to the lock then put heat shrink at the end to hold it in place. Just a bit more protection I felt better with..........

Ride Smart and that you will keep you safe........

2018 Spyder RT
    Custom Pinstriping by Fastripe.com see video @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/5icsez0g0w...iping.mp4?dl=0
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

Awesome Rob. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Dredging up this old thread, I tried a few of the above suggestions. To prevent the tupperware from chafing I put some adhesive back protective sheet where the holder rubs on the bodywork. I used the clear 3M stuff. If we think we further need to protect the helmets (and the Sena 20s units) against the elements and prying eyes and hands, we put the helmets in a zippered helmet bag. They usually have a slot in the bottom where the D-ring can poke through to attach the helmet holder. This will also protect the bodywork from the helmets rubbing. If we are going to be gone for a while in slightly less savory areas we'll lock the zipper(s) on the helmet bag with one of those small TSA padlocks.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue