Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Geza cover

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecoast Spyder View Post
    This summer we trailered the RT from Central Florida to upstate New York and back, 4000 miles total. Almost the entire trip the Spyder was covered with a Geza Pro cover. http://www.gezagear.com/I was concerned about the cover rubbing the paint or windshield, but was assured that was not a problem. Running at highway speeds on interstates including heavy rain, not a mark on the bike. I was very pleased with the cover and would recommend it. Although it is a little pricy, but then the Spyder is too. Does require removing the antenna to install the cover, but easily replaced once you get the hang of it.

Hello, would like to know more about your Geza cover, how long to put on, take off, price, went to their website, lots of testimonials and a lot cheaper than an enclosed trailer.

Spyder Garage

Default Size

This summer we trailered the RT from Central Florida to upstate New York and back, 4000 miles total. Almost the entire trip the Spyder was covered with a Geza Pro cover. http://www.gezagear.com/I was concerned about the cover rubbing the paint or windshield, but was assured that was not a problem. Running at highway speeds on interstates including heavy rain, not a mark on the bike. I was very pleased with the cover and would recommend it. Although it is a little pricy, but then the Spyder is too. Does require removing the antenna to install the cover, but easily replaced once you get the hang of it.

What size was the Pro cover you used, and How well did it protect your bike from road debris? I was looking into this for my bike, but I never got a response from Geza on this subject meaning the can am.

Add On’s

2017 Pearl White RTL
    SPYDER RAM Multi Mount
    Ram Mount Drivers cup holder
    Ram Mount passenger Cup Holder
    TRICELED Bar/Circle
    Brake Light/RGB LED
    Ground Effects Lighting
    Airhorn/compressor
    LED Head Lights
    LED Fog Lights
    K & N Air filter
    Two Brothers SR1
    Cat Bypass Pipe
    Easter Beaver Accessorie block
    USB pwr plug
    Removable hitch assembly

Spyder Garage

Uncovered is the way to go. But if you can I would make some kind of rock guard. you can buy one or fabricate one.

Motorcycle_Trailer_w_Rock_Guard.jpg
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Trade your trailer in for an enclosed trailer. My best advice. Enclosed trailers start at $3200, only 10% of the cost of the Spyder. That's reasonable. You

will never go back to an open trailer again.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Trailering a spyder on an open trailer

I have a picture rolling around somewhere in my phone of my sons bike after I trailered it 2000 miles out in the dead of winter to san diego you couldnt recognize that it was a motorcycle is was covered in mud and salt so you take your chances traveling open in this case 30 to 60 min of scrubbing with no side effects. factory covers or tarps can do alot more damage than a little salt in my opinion.
    2018 F3s , Gold

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRALERING

Quote Originally Posted by grieppc View Post
    I have a picture rolling around somewhere in my phone of my sons bike after I trailered it 2000 miles out in the dead of winter to san diego you couldnt recognize that it was a motorcycle is was covered in mud and salt so you take your chances traveling open in this case 30 to 60 min of scrubbing with no side effects. factory covers or tarps can do alot more damage than a little salt in my opinion.
    ....very few folks encounter those conditions while trailing ..... un-like Snow-mobiles ..............Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-03-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    First of all, the trailering that I'm referring to is a 2800 mile return trip to Florida.
    Trailering down to Florida in early November and back to Canada the 1st of May so hopefully snow won't be a factor.
    My question is whether or not you use a cover when trailering your beloved Spyder on an open trailer.
    Also, if you don't cover it, do you do anything to protect the paint etc?
    I've heard of this product and read some pretty good reviews on it but maybe it's overkill, don't know.
    https://www.canadacarcare.ca/product...otection-32-oz
    Your opinions and shared knowledge are appreciated.

thanks
    Greg

Wwooooo.....you're over engineering this one!!! Why not buy a cover for $75 to $100 and call it a day. You can use the cover over and over for winter storage, future trailering and fel confident that every inch of your bike is covered. The route you suggest is temporary and time confusing, not to mention a pain in the ass to put on and take off.....just my two cents.
    Good Luck.

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    I've done a lot of trailering bikes on an open trailer and never covered them because of others having had issues with the covers flapping and damaging their paint. I wouldn't worry about any of the handlebar controls either, after all, it's a vehicle meant to be outdoors so why would a little rain be an issue?
    A cover that isn't designed for trailering is worse than none at all, as others have said. I've got the same setup as you with the trailer and now carry the Spyder uncovered. My feeling is that trailering isn't going to subject the Spyder to any more hazards than driving it down the freeway at the same speed. I do have a storage box on the tongue of the trailer, which provides a little protection from debris being thrown up by the tow vehicle.

I haven't looked into paint protection products yet but probably should.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 10-03-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OKey View Post
    Wwooooo.....you're over engineering this one!!! Why not buy a cover for $75 to $100 and call it a day. You can use the cover over and over for winter storage, future trailering and fel confident that every inch of your bike is covered. The route you suggest is temporary and time confusing, not to mention a pain in the ass to put on and take off.....just my two cents.
    Good Luck.
    In post #23 it became official that our Spyder will be travelling naked just the way it travels when being ridden.
    Looking forward to being able to ride year round.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd forgotten about the Geza covers. I have one for my 2-wheeler and it is excellent. The reason it is so expensive is because the whole thing is made of stretchy material that stays put in the windiest conditions (like on a trailer). That would be worth checking into (I don't know if they make one for the Spyder).
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Tie Downs

Tie down your spyder with a strap, attach the strap on back of trailer, run the strap over center of rear tire underneath of spyder, secure the strap up front ( at end of trailer), so the strap does not scratch Tupper ware. Good Luck!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Cover on an Open Trail

Quote Originally Posted by 3-togo View Post
    Have you traveled with the arrangement yet with the set up you recommend ? I have the Brp full cover which does state that you can use for trailering. Read somewhere. However, I used a 10 mile test run and the cover still moves which will oftentimes damage paint. The Brp cover is much stronger and fits better than guardian. Almost impossible to tie down a tarp without movement. There is only one cover recommended for trailer use and can't recall name or if they make one for spyder. Would recommend caution.
    pete

I have, indeed, tested the suggested method. The Guardian cover just didn't work well, by itself. The additional nylon tarp cured everything. The key, though, is that it MUST be firmly attached, especially at the FRONT where the "wind" is the strongest.
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

I have trailered my spyder about 9000 miles this year with the BRP half cover. No problems.
    It does not lift up in the front, however we had to add an elastic strap to the back because the back kept getting uncovered.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Enclosed Trailer

The Best Way is the Enclosed Trailer. Anything else is just good. Little Blue
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default size

what size did you order for the Spyder RT and how much was it?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default size and price

what size did you order for the Spyder RT and how much was it?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    First of all, the trailering that I'm referring to is a 2800 mile return trip to Florida.
    Trailering down to Florida in early November and back to Canada the 1st of May so hopefully snow won't be a factor.
    My question is whether or not you use a cover when trailering your beloved Spyder on an open trailer.
    Also, if you don't cover it, do you do anything to protect the paint etc?
    I've heard of this product and read some pretty good reviews on it but maybe it's overkill, don't know.
    https://www.canadacarcare.ca/product...otection-32-oz
    Your opinions and shared knowledge are appreciated.

thanks
    Greg
    trailered our 2010 RTS from mb to kansas on an open trailer like that a few years ago behind our motorhome and hardly even got dust on it

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome!~!

Awesome setup. I have been looking at aluminum trailers for my spyder as well.... and was concerned about trailing it without any cover... looks like you have that covered (pun intended)...
    Thanks for sharing... now I know what to look for.....

Spyder Garage

Default Trailering

I have a 2016 F3T that I have trailered many times without a cover! Hint on loading your bike! I carry no ramps but because if the angle you have to be careful not to scrape the front end! I have my wife take the truck and trailer to the local high school and drop the tailgating on a curb then I drive right up the ramp! Works great and I don’t have to bring extra stuff to level the ramp!