Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aklim View Post
    Not trying to call you out or be a jerk but the reason I ask is because I want to be sure that if push came to shove and we had to use some crummy 87 octane, the engine wouldn't detonate and wasn't sure what they have for spark retard.

Does that affect what point we shift at? IIRC, it was recommended I upshift at 2500-3000.

Very interesting. Just a question. On a 17 F3 Limited, what does your dyno say I can get if I run 91-93 octane only in the streetable range?

Final question. I can't seem to find a specific set of removal instructions and for obvious reasons, if I should choose to pursue it, I probably want to DIY. Any ideas?

Up-shift recommended @ 2500-3000? Seems way too low for this 1330 engine unless your just cruising really, really easy on flat. (So low the notion of "lugging" & low rpm knocking under load comes to mind, particularly with the clutched version that won't downshift.) Either way, you're barely into the torque (and not even touching significant HP) at those low rpm's.
    Last edited by TRLBLZR1; 09-18-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    🏁🏁 "Live Free Or Die" 🏁🏁