Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    You mean the ones that brought us the WWII Spitfire, the Rolls Royce Phaeton, etc, etc?
    No. I mean the ones who brought us Triumph, MG, Jensen, Hillman, Austin-Healey, Jaguar, Land Rover and a whole host of British marque motorcycles which those of us who rode still have gasoline smell on our legs and feet - and none of this to mention that Lord of Darkness line of gauges and controls whose headlights always seemed to fail in the middle of a corner.

Of course, the Brits were eventually outdone by the Germans who took maintenance to new levels of greatness and still maintain it today.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    No. I mean the ones who brought us Triumph, MG, Jensen, Hillman, Austin-Healey, Jaguar, Land Rover and a whole host of British marque motorcycles which those of us who rode still have gasoline smell on our legs and feet - and none of this to mention that Lord of Darkness line of gauges and controls whose headlights always seemed to fail in the middle of a corner.

Of course, the Brits were eventually outdone by the Germans who took maintenance to new levels of greatness and still maintain it today.
    Lucas Electrics! Who's motto was "Get home before dark!"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Then get a German bike. Do you really think you can berate BRP into doing things the way YOU think they should be done?
    That wasn't my intent. It was merely an opinion which, judging by numerous posts agreeing with it, appear to be valid.

Besides, I don't have the arrogance necessary to own a German marque.

Way too many episodes of Spyders stranding riders with silly things like low brake fluid (apparently measured in teaspoons) and other "automated" functions. Motorcycles, even trikes, do NOT have to be this complicated. After all, BRP isn't BMW.
    Last edited by RinconRyder; 09-07-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    Lucas Electrics! Who's motto was "Get home before dark!"
    GAWD! How could I forget that name???

What I could never figure out was how did Lucas products always seem to fail at night and in the middle of a corner? That must have been some fantastic technology!

Spyder Garage

Default Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by Ramg66 View Post
    Went to post office and when I came out the parking brake would not release, I have almost 4000 miles and it has been flawless till today. I did do something different but I don't think it caused it but now sure, I turned key and before pressing the eco button I released brake (Don't ask me why), I noticed it didn't release it, I then started it and it was stuck, every time I turned off it would beep at me like I didn't press the brake before turning off. I turned back on and it would be blinking, press brake button and it would turn solid and keep doing this over and over. Dealer had me press brake by foot and try but nothing, my dealer drove over and took brake off and took my bike to dealership. Bummed bigtime, I now know how to release it but have to wait to see what is stuck, maybe relay?

Years ago, my uncle made a comment about new cars being solely dependent on a strange, little black box now found under their hoods. No more distributor caps, points, or anything connected with them. Unfortunately, if the black box failed out in the middle of nowhere, you were left stranded. Not many service stations, back when they still offered service, had a replacement black box in stock. Rather like a parking brake switch that won't function as it should. Not many bike shops are going to have replacement relays, or switches. And while, a Spyder can still be ridden, hopefully not far, the operator knows that the parking brake is still engaged, and the beeping noise can be irritating.

Spyder Garage

Red face Lucas electrics

Lucas electrics ( not electronics ). This is the reason the British used to drink warm beer. Lucas made refrigerators.

Warm beer causes-----------Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Lucas electrics ( not electronics ). This is the reason the British used to drink warm beer. Lucas made refrigerators.

Warm beer causes-----------Kaos
    Slightly off topic but as a public service.....

The Brits do not drink "warm" beer. It is, by their standards, room temperature which, by our standards is "cool", not cold.

US domestic beer tends to be highly carbonated whilst British beers are not so they do not need to be as cold as ours.

British beer also tends to have a higher alcoholic content than ours. Not sure how that affects the temperature but you don't seem to care as much.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.......

Spyder Garage

Well EXCUUUUUUSE me.--------The joker is my symbol for a bit of sarcasm. A little of it is usually tolerated here.

Not being much of a beer drinker, I must be allowed the difference between unrefrigerated brew and a room temperature brew. I prefer a good bourbon or whiskey on the rocks.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.......

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Same issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ramg66 View Post
    Went to post office and when I came out the parking brake would not release, I have almost 4000 miles and it has been flawless till today. I did do something different but I don't think it caused it but now sure, I turned key and before pressing the eco button I released brake (Don't ask me why), I noticed it didn't release it, I then started it and it was stuck, every time I turned off it would beep at me like I didn't press the brake before turning off. I turned back on and it would be blinking, press brake button and it would turn solid and keep doing this over and over. Dealer had me press brake by foot and try but nothing, my dealer drove over and took brake off and took my bike to dealership. Bummed bigtime, I now know how to release it but have to wait to see what is stuck, maybe relay?
    I have 4200 miles on my 17 RT Ltd and I have had the brake lock up twice. The dealer has replaced the switch once, but that's not it. The brakes locks on set and won't go off, or the red light stays solid red and the brake is off or the park won't set at all and just beeps. I have posted on here under "Parking Brake Issues". Let me know if you get a resolve. Can Am BRP says they have not had any of these issues yet, so the techs don't know what causes it.

Spyder Garage

It ended up being the motor between the switch and the brake, it engages it and disengages it. Working fine now.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6