Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyderquest

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    You are correct but as a former business owner I can tell you the benefit from repeat/satisfied customers. Yes I cancelled but if I am ever to do business with them again I must feel comfortable. Likewise, if I am to talk with other people about my experience with something it better be good or that free advertising not only goes out the window it breaks the window. We are not talking big bucks here so if SpyderQuest does not issue a refund its ok but I will not preregister next year.

In short: If a company wishes to grow it needs positive customer satisfaction. It needs these satisfied customers to get other people to spend their money and this multiplies fast......or not. This is called "free advertising".......and boy does it work.
    If you read the company policy before you booked and saw that they had a 7 day cancellation policy, why would you file a complaint with them?

You said you had your own business, did you not have rules that you had to enforce? Do you not think that there is money that is lost when you cancel at the last minute, money that went to printing of brochures, pins, a meal, and anything else that was spoken for by registering early? Why should all of that be eaten by the people the registration took place with?

Sounds like the homeowner that ordered a home to be built by a local builder, signed the contract, sent it back to the builder. The builder got the lot cleared, the hole dug, the precast foundation ordered, and then the homeowner found a house he wanted and bought it.

He told the builder he wanted to brake the contract and not pay for anything, after all he could build that as a spec house and sell it to someone else.

Builder does not have the finances for that, now he owes an excavator for clearing the lot, the precast company for the custom foundation, and little money from the homeowner who was demanding his deposit back.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    I'm sure they don't have the refund policy they have just to be mean to you or they're trying to screw people. They get "X" number of 'commitments' and they spend $$ accordingly to take care of the needs of those people. When those who 'committed' back out, don't you think it costs the organizers? It's really a simple concept to understand.

It sure sounds like you think you're entitled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    If you read the company policy before you booked and saw that they had a 7 day cancellation policy, why would you file a complaint with them?

You said you had your own business, did you not have rules that you had to enforce? Do you not think that there is money that is lost when you cancel at the last minute, money that went to printing of brochures, pins, a meal, and anything else that was spoken for by registering early? Why should all of that be eaten by the people the registration took place with?

Sounds like the homeowner that ordered a home to be built by a local builder, signed the contract, sent it back to the builder. The builder got the lot cleared, the hole dug, the precast foundation ordered, and then the homeowner found a house he wanted and bought it.

He told the builder he wanted to brake the contract and not pay for anything, after all he could build that as a spec house and sell it to someone else.

Builder does not have the finances for that, now he owes an excavator for clearing the lot, the precast company for the custom foundation, and little money from the homeowner who was demanding his deposit back.
    "It sure sounds like you think you're entitled" Yes I do because I am the customer. People in business understand there is a percentage of customers who do not attend or have issues that need to be addressed.

"did you not have rules that you had to enforce?" Yes and they were liberal and on par with other major companies. Our policy was "no risk" to our customers. Our policy was literally "if you have a problem, return it with no questions asked".
    To compare a home being built with a very minor monetary incident is ridiculous and without response.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ah....

You are correct but as a former business owner I can tell you the benefit from repeat/satisfied customers. Yes I cancelled but if I am ever to do business with them again I must feel comfortable. Likewise, if I am to talk with other people about my experience with something it better be good or that free advertising not only goes out the window it breaks the window. We are not talking big bucks here so if SpyderQuest does not issue a refund its ok but I will not preregister next year.

In short: If a company wishes to grow it needs positive customer satisfaction. It needs these satisfied customers to get other people to spend their money and this multiplies fast......or not. This is called "free advertising".......and boy does it work.
    NY Spyder Ryders is a non- profit organization!
    So, relax and let me work the numbers.....

Bill

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bill pitman View Post
    NY Spyder Ryders is a non- profit organization!
    So, relax and let me work the numbers.....

Bill
    Bill: My apologies. I never thought stating I could not attend and I was asking for a refund would morph into an argument.
    Enjoy the event.
    Last post on this topic.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Similar Situation

We were on our way home from Valcourt in June. We had reservations at a resort in Jackson Hole. We stayed with a friend in Caspar Wyoming the night before. When we got up that morning to leave for Jackson Hole I checked the forecast for the area. 31 degrees and snowing. For this resort I had a two night reservation at almost $300.00 per night. The first nights fare was a non refundable deposit so I called them to cancel. I got the booking service first and asked if they were on site at the hotel, and they said no they were not, and that because I was calling so late that my deposit would not be returned and they were going to charge for the second night too. I was pissed but controlled my temper and calmly asked if he could transfer me to someone on site at the resort. He transferred me to the person on site that handled reservations. I explained to the young lady that my wife and I were on motorcycles and that driving into a snow storm was not safe, and asked if they would please not charge for that second night. She said "don't worry about it, our weather has been crazy this year" and wished me well. Not only did she not charge me for the second night, she refunded my deposit 100%.

So rather than"file a complaint", a completely negative thing to do, I just politely asked for some help, from the right person, and got it. We will be staying at that resort this next summer when we visit the area again!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

"It sure sounds like you think you're entitled" Yes I do because I am the customer. People in business understand there is a percentage of customers who do not attend or have issues that need to be addressed.

"did you not have rules that you had to enforce?" Yes and they were liberal and on par with other major companies. Our policy was "no risk" to our customers. Our policy was literally "if you have a problem, return it with no questions asked".
    To compare a home being built with a very minor monetary incident is ridiculous and without response.
    "without response?"... Looked like a response to me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So rather than"file a complaint", a completely negative thing to do, I just politely asked for some help, from the right person, and got it. We will be staying at that resort this next summer when we visit the area again![/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I did. I called reservations who told me I had to pay the first night. I asked if I could speak to a manager and after discussing my situation politely she refunded most of my deposit.

I worked in the hotel industry for many years in a management position. When anyone complains about anything for any reason to either management, reservations or the front desk you are filing a complaint. Your complaint is immediately recorded and put on file (filed a complaint), this is not someone asking for ice. Your personal situation as you detailed was recorded and on file with the owners of that hotel....forever, I guarantee it. This is how they keep track of your habits for future reference. In the resort I worked when notified of a guest complaint they would PRINT a copy of it for me. After I satisfied the guests complaint I would add everything to the minutes recorded so that everyone would know of the situation in the future. They also have something called a DNR list. The DNR stands for Do Not Return. If anyone makes it on that list you will NEVER be allowed onto hotel property again. DNR guests have jeopardized guest and employee safety or intentionally damaged hotel property, this is not a complaint, its verging on criminal.

So yes....you filed a complaint and your complaint is on file. Its a tough word but you had an issue (complaint) that needed to be addressed. Since management took care of your issue (complaint) you stated you would stay there again as will I.

Please......no more on this topic.