Spyder Garage

Question Options for radio

I probably already know the answer to this, but I was wondering if there were other options to get a radio installed on a 2014 ST-S. I bought mine without the radio, but now I am looking at getting one installed. I was wondering if there were any other options to getting a system from a third party that won't break the bank. The system from BRP is so high priced, but I figure I am trapped because it needs to interface with the computer.

Again, I probably already know the answer, but I figured I would throw it out there.
    AlphaJoe
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 ST-S - Congnac
    LidLock helmet locks
    LAmonster Ram mount with X-Grip

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INTERFACING

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaJoe View Post
    I probably already know the answer to this, but I was wondering if there were other options to get a radio installed on a 2014 ST-S. I bought mine without the radio, but now I am looking at getting one installed. I was wondering if there were any other options to getting a system from a third party that won't break the bank. The system from BRP is so high priced, but I figure I am trapped because it needs to interface with the computer.

Again, I probably already know the answer, but I figured I would throw it out there.
    An after-market like Shark or even an Auto / Marine type can be used ...... it just won't be able to connect to the hand controls .... and mounting would be a DIY thing ..... and might be a challenge if not the Shark system ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Why don't you look to a Bluetooth helmet headset that will allow you to interface with a cell phone,ipod,or other bluetooth enable replayer.Much easier and cheaper. Radios can also be had in some headsets. If you want to go the radio platform try J & M. They have a great handlebar set up. Also try Sierra Electronics (www.sierra-mc.com)
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 08-24-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Installing a CB Radio

Wife is on me to install her CB, the J&M 2003 has an auxiliary input. Using a Lamonster Cuff, J&M Kawasaki mount, headset mounts in the helmet. She listens to Pandora, iTunes, local radio thru iHeart app. And we can talk to each other, other riders.

As I save the photo, I'm reminded some GPS systems have MP3 players, and connect with Bluetoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matahead; 08-26-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Stereo options

This is what I did for my wife’s 2013 ST that came without a radio. I bought her a Kenwwod Bluetooth amp KAC-M1824BT for less than $150 on Amazon. It comes with a wired remote that I 3M taped to her left handlebar next to the grip and ran the cable behind the black plastic covers on the underside of the handlebars. I installed the amp on the bottom of the frunk. I got a pair of 4” Rockford Fosgate speakers ($40) and installed them in the factory location.. The factory speaker wires are there but ran new ones to the amp. I did not add a dash switch to kill the amp when parked, I just installed a small switch in the frunk, so after a ride she can turn off the amp to save battery. The remote works great, she can adjust volume, change tracks, pause etc. definitely needs some more bass but considering she didn’t have any tunes it beats the stock radio option and she has Bluetooth to sync music and nav through her phone. I’ve had almost all the Tupperware off that thing installing heated grips and fog lights but finding a path for speaker wires to the frunk was the most challenging but doable. Hope this helps, it’s a great option for under $200