Spyder Garage

Default What Make/Model on your EZ Pass for Spyder?

We are going to Spyderquest so I registered our EZ Pass in case we take the Thruway. When adding the plate number there was no Make: Can-Am or Model: Spyder listed so I used "Other". Is that how others have done it? Thanks.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    We are going to Spyderquest so I registered our EZ Pass in case we take the Thruway. When adding the plate number there was no Make: Can-Am or Model: Spyder listed so I used "Other". Is that how others have done it? Thanks.
    when I got EZ pass for my spyder that's how I did it had it for 3 years. as for mounting I put it under front frunk never had a problem reading it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I get my next "Other"; that's how it's going to be listed...
    I saved my EZ-Pass, and will just transfer it over to the new bike.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Same here, but I am surprised that you were able to register your Soyder on your existing account. If you use an existing car tag on your Spyder, you are probably going to get charged the car rate, not the motorcycle rate. And according to the EZPass website, you can switch the tag from one vehicle only to another of the same type. EZPass has special motorcycle tags which gives you a 50% discount of the cash toll price. But they have changed the rules. You now have to go to an EZPass center (I think that all of the rest areas on the Thruway have them) and provide proof of registration. I didn't have to do that in 2013. This is from the EZPass website.

Thruway Motorcycle Discount Plan***: Proof of motorcycle registration is required to receive special motorcycle tag. Motorcycles will be charged 50% of the cash toll rate. Cannot be combined with commuter plans. Plan Code: (MTRC)

Here is a list of places to get an EZPass.

https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/onthego/locations.shtml

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 08-24-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thanks oldguyinCT, I was looking for info on motorcycles and didn't find it but I was able to register the Spyder on my account. When you add a vehicle you have to select "Vehicle Type" and "M:Motorcycle" is a choice. I could apply for a motorcycle tag but I don't plan on driving the thruway very often if at all. On the way to Spyderquest I plan on traveling route 20 most of the way. On the way back I think I will take route 8 and then maybe jump on the thruway at Utica. Thanks
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wrb3004 View Post
    Thanks oldguyinCT, I was looking for info on motorcycles and didn't find it but I was able to register the Spyder on my account. When you add a vehicle you have to select "Vehicle Type" and "M:Motorcycle" is a choice. I could apply for a motorcycle tag but I don't plan on driving the thruway very often if at all. On the way to Spyderquest I plan on traveling route 20 most of the way. On the way back I think I will take route 8 and then maybe jump on the thruway at Utica. Thanks
    Just a point of information, the motorcycle tag works at all toll plazas here in the Northeast, not just the Thruway, and as far south as Delaware and Virginia (which is as far south as we have ridden). So it might be worth it to get one if you end up traveling on any toll roads in the future.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Up here in Maine we pay by the axle. A motorcycle is 2 axle same as a car. My car and motorcycle plates are identical so I didn't have to get a second unit. It's the same for my wife's truck and motorcycle. No big deal changing them over.

Spyder Garage

For those of you with EZ-Pass who have attached it to the inside of your frunk lid, do you ever experience it not reading? I was also told by the EZ-Pass people that it needed to be read thru a clear (glass) surface.
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

I haven't had any problems with my Ez Pass in the frunk. On the car and truck I have them mounted on the built in antenna. Can't see it from the outside. Due to the high speed toll reading they are much more sensitive at picking up the signal. Massachusetts has removed all toll booths on the Mass Pike. If you don't have Ez Pass it takes a picture of your plate and sends the registered owner a bill in the mail. Toll plus expenses for handling and postage. Just like the red light and speeding cameras. Surprise surprise.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    For those of you with EZ-Pass who have attached it to the inside of your frunk lid, do you ever experience it not reading? I was also told by the EZ-Pass people that it needed to be read thru a clear (glass) surface.
    Mine is in the front trunk and it works fine here in Pa.
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Spyder Garage

When you mount it or position it just make sure it's horizontal that's the way the antenna reads if you don't... Ask me how I know!

Spyder Garage

Default EZ Pass PA

I have my EZ Pass registered for my Auto and my Spyder.
    Easy to move between the two vehicles with the velcro fasteners.
    I have it mounted inside the frunk lid on my STS and have no problems.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I'll give it a shot. Right now, I used a velcro strap and a small weatherproof case and strap to my forearm or to the handlebar.

Spyder Garage

I wear mine around my neck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    I wear mine around my neck.
    I hope you're joking.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    I hope you're joking.
    I'm not. Why would I be?
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Maybe GoPro and RAM Mounts can get together and design a mount that will stick to our helmet then we stick on the EZ-Pass........

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    I'm not. Why would I be?
    Not safe.

Spyder Garage

WP_000087.jpg Works just fine - except at the Beacon-Newburgh Bridge in NY.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sure glad we don't have toll roads.

Spyder Garage

We only have one here in Maine. No toll bridges.