Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone installed this Shark Audio System on the F3-F3's

https://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com...-speakers.html

Could you post photo's? I have a good idea for the speakers but ran into a problem with my intended receiver location .
    Thank you kindly,
    Darrell

I table top played the system using my riding lawn mower battery for 12V power--the sound is pretty good for the price...
    Last edited by Wildrice; 08-23-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SHARK SYSTEM

Quite a few folks here have gone with a Shark system, back in 09 when I did one on my 08 GS ( I may have been the first ) it was only 250 watts ...but I swapped out the speakers for 2 omh JBL GTO 350's .... It improved the sound 200% .... clearer, cleaner and lots louder ...... no bass , put you aren't going to get any with small speakers period .... the on the Link has a wired and that's a must .... don't expect FM ...but MP3 and I-pod are great .... The closer the speakers are to your Ears the better they will work .............. good luck.... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post

Could you post photo's? I have a good idea for the speakers but ran into a problem with my intended receiver location .
    Thank you kindly,
    Darrell

I table top played the system using my riding lawn mower battery for 12V power--the sound is pretty good for the price...

Here's how I did my install, hope this helps sir.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life is GOOD...............
    2015 F3S
    SmoothSpyder backrest
    lidloxs
    Gloryder F3 Logo Lights
    Lamonster mirror relocations and turn signals
    Lamonster fog light kit
    Lamonster Power Plate
    X Grip
    Ram mount

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got the 1400 watt 4 speaker system and mounted them on my bars. Even at 85 mph I can still hear my tunes clearly. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I will say that I burned up 2 units due to heat (which they promptly replaced) and figured out that I need 2 washers on a 4 bolts so air could circulate behind the unit and cool the heat sinks. Since I have gapped it adequately, not problems at all now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ATitus View Post
    This is exactly how I did mine also. works great
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ATitus View Post
    So your receiver is located in the "Frunk"??
    Thanks,
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

Default Speaker quality is decent

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Quite a few folks here have gone with a Shark system, back in 09 when I did one on my 08 GS ( I may have been the first ) it was only 250 watts ...but I swapped out the speakers for 2 omh JBL GTO 350's .... It improved the sound 200% .... clearer, cleaner and lots louder ...... no bass , put you aren't going to get any with small speakers period .... the on the Link has a wired and that's a must .... don't expect FM ...but MP3 and I-pod are great .... The closer the speakers are to your Ears the better they will work .............. good luck.... Mike
    Mike--the Shark System in my link has decent speaker quality & using the small FM antenna I pick up quite a few FM stations--possible improvement from previous models. So far the only Receiver I see is located in the Frunk--I attempted console display top mount--not so good. I have the 2015 F3's, larger Spyder's would be easier to fix a mount.
    Thanks, Darrell

Spyder Garage

20170824_115950.jpg20170824_115956.jpg20170824_120022.jpg20170824_120028.jpg20170824_120039.jpg

Picture 1 - 2000 watt amp location. Spacers are mandatory for keep air flow on the back heat sinks.
    Picture 2 - Antenna location.
    Picture 3 - Power on/off switch. I did not like having the amp on all the time so I installed this in line button.
    Picture 4 - It has an awesome blue light when on.
    Picture 5 - Here are the speakers mounted on the bars.

Spyder Garage

20170824_120046.jpg20170824_120054.jpg20170824_120059.jpg20170824_120106.jpg

Picture 1 - Here is a closeup of the speaker setup.
    Picture 2&3 - They were able to be placed so that I still am able to see out the mirrors.
    Picture 4 - Mounted the control unit close to center.

My thoughts on the system overall:
    The amp does produce a bunch of heat, but with the heat sinks it works well. The SD function I just LOVE. You can flip through songs from the controller. The bluetooth does work. The connection needs to be pretty close to stay connected. The radio does not give good reception. The speakers are awesome and can go all the way to the top end of the sound with no distortion. This is the only system that I have found to give good sounds at 85 mph.

Spyder Garage

Default SPEAKERS

Mike--the Shark System in my link has decent speaker quality & using the small FM antenna I pick up quite a few FM stations--possible improvement from previous models. So far the only Receiver I see is located in the Frunk--I attempted console display top mount--not so good. I have the 2015 F3's, larger Spyder's would be easier to fix a mount.
    Thanks, Darrell
    D, my comments about the speaker swap was based on what my ears heard having both types to compare to ..... and my receiver had only 250 watts ....... I swapped my OEM speakers ( a 14 RT ) for JBL speakers and anyone who has heard them were VERY impressed with what They sounded like ....Yes I know the RT's speakers are 5 1/4 ( mine are both , front and rear ) but they were comparing RT oem vs. the JBL's.... IMHO , the most important component in the system are the Speakers ...because they are what you hear !!!! you can heave 5000 watts but crappy speakers are still crappy speakers ....nothing else in the system can make them into great speakers .............. Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-24-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

So your receiver is located in the "Frunk"??
    Thanks,
    Darrell

Yep out of the way and plenty of wire to reach there.

Life is GOOD...............
    2015 F3S
    SmoothSpyder backrest
    lidloxs
    Gloryder F3 Logo Lights
    Lamonster mirror relocations and turn signals
    Lamonster fog light kit
    Lamonster Power Plate
    X Grip
    Ram mount

Spyder Garage

Default The speakers look like a "Snow Cone" machine at the County Fair :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    20170824_120046.jpg20170824_120054.jpg20170824_120059.jpg20170824_120106.jpg

Picture 1 - Here is a closeup of the speaker setup.
    Picture 2&3 - They were able to be placed so that I still am able to see out the mirrors.
    Picture 4 - Mounted the control unit close to center.

My thoughts on the system overall:
    The amp does produce a bunch of heat, but with the heat sinks it works well. The SD function I just LOVE. You can flip through songs from the controller. The bluetooth does work. The connection needs to be pretty close to stay connected. The radio does not give good reception. The speakers are awesome and can go all the way to the top end of the sound with no distortion. This is the only system that I have found to give good sounds at 85 mph.
    Thanks for the photo's, & make me a few snow cones for a hot day
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

IMO, I've yet to see a stereo speaker mounting system on a F3S that I would be willing to replicate on ours. Just sayin'!!!
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Doc doesn't sell Snow Cones :-(

Thanks for the photo's, & make me a few snow cones for a hot day
    Darrell

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...-Doc-Humphreys

Doc--My Snow Cones comment was meant to be a "funny" if it came across sarcastic--I apologize.
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...-Doc-Humphreys

Doc--My Snow Cones comment was meant to be a "funny" if it came across sarcastic--I apologize.
    Darrell
    No worries. I am just happy to be able to listen to my tunes on the highway.

Spyder Garage

Default 2000 Watt Shark F3S

Thank you kindly,
    Darrell

I just installed a 2000 Watt shark stereo. does anyone have a link for the JBL replacement speakers? Also what is the biggest USB drive or SD card that can be used?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommySnake View Post
    I just installed a 2000 Watt shark stereo. does anyone have a link for the JBL replacement speakers? Also what is the biggest USB drive or SD card that can be used?

I have 43 songs 460 meg on a 15 Gig USB drive. so far it cycles through all 42 tunes---15 Gig is a lot of music--doubt I'll ever fill it. My problem is I've lost FM reception that worked inside my home--really haven't ohm'd out the antenna yet.
    Darrell

Spyder Garage

I have several 32 gig's that I use.

Spyder Garage

Default Shark Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    I have several 32 gig's that I use.
    I just formatted a 64 gig USB flash drive fat32, using a special format program and now I have over 3,000 songs.

Spyder Garage

I just formatted a 64 gig USB flash drive fat32, using a special format program and now I have over 3,000 songs.
    Only thing I don't like/haven't figured out yet on the Shark unit is how to shuffle the SD cards songs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Only thing I don't like/haven't figured out yet on the Shark unit is how to shuffle the SD cards songs.

Wow, I think I just found out how to shuffle songs on this unit!! Woo! Hoo!

https://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com.../amp5800bt.pdf

Insert SD card to play3.5 mm Aux input for mp3 player or audio device.Long pressPower on key to turn on the unit, short press MODE key tochose “ Audio input” on the screen, like the above picture. Thenit can play the song on SD card and MP3 in 3.5mm Aux input.Play/Pause key: Long press (3 seconds) Play/Pause key tochose 1, A, R, D( play mode), “1” means one song recycle play,“A” means All song recycle play, “R” means Random play, “D”means Normal play

Spyder Garage

Default JBL speakers

I just posted a bunch of info on this .... Topic was speakers .... Do you know the size and amount of speakers you have >>>> Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Soon to be from JBL

Went to the AIM Expo in Columbus Ohio and damm.....there was awful nice riding audio out there. One particular set I was shocked by the power and sound was (JBL CRUISE). They will be available next spring according to JBL reps I spent time chatting with. They said they’ll be around $199. I’ve been looking at all kinds of (handlebar) mount audio and Lo and Behold have found them only to have to wait till Spring to get them!!! I’ll wait patient until they offer them up for sale. Mebbe sooner but they wanted to get them fine tweaked for initial release in spring 2018. FDFE40B9-BAE2-43D5-BA23-379E414BB91D.jpgThese puppies look small but they packed a helluva punch. Bluetooth 4.2 and backwards compatible and have a input jack also. Controls are molded into the body of each speaker. They looked to be 4 inch oval and very crispy and actually put out some solid bass. Even at 3/4 volume.
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyDerSts View Post
    Went to the AIM Expo in Columbus Ohio and damm.....there was awful nice riding audio out there. One particular set I was shocked by the power and sound was (JBL CRUISE). They will be available next spring according to JBL reps I spent time chatting with. They said they’ll be around $199. I’ve been looking at all kinds of (handlebar) mount audio and Lo and Behold have found them only to have to wait till Spring to get them!!! I’ll wait patient until they offer them up for sale. Mebbe sooner but they wanted to get them fine tweaked for initial release in spring 2018. FDFE40B9-BAE2-43D5-BA23-379E414BB91D.jpgThese puppies look small but they packed a helluva punch. Bluetooth 4.2 and backwards compatible and have a input jack also. Controls are molded into the body of each speaker. They looked to be 4 inch oval and very crispy and actually put out some solid bass. Even at 3/4 volume.
    They look much cleaner than my sno-cone makers. Hope they work well. I will stay with what I have for a while. I had a speaker start crackling and contacted Shark. They immediately shipped me a replacement speaker and when I got the box a couple of days later, they had sent a pair! So, I took the offending speaker apart to solder in the new speaker and found all that wrong was part of a ring didn't get glued well enough. So I broke out my Gorilla Glue and glued it.....and good as new! Now I have 2 spares, so I won't be changing for a while.