Spyder Garage

Default F3T and iPhone audio control

Hi,

I've seen many post regarding the iPod control with the Spyder but I haven't found an answer to this question.

I use my iPhone, connected to the USB port with a lightning cable, with Spotify.

When I use the control button on the Spyder (mode, Set, up/down, left/right), I can skip a song and I can see what is playing on the screen.

Is there a way to control the play/pause function ?

When I go to a different audio (AUX, Radio, ...), Spotify pause automatically. When I put the key to off position, Spotify also pause automatically. When I start it back, it goes to play by itself.

The only thing missing is the possibility to play/pause by a touch of a button.

I'm I missing something ?

Thanks !
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use an older I-Pod, and it does the same. I don't think there is a button to pause it. It was that way on my 2014 RT as well.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I have the same bike and iPhone( USB coiled cable and Ram mount)..no pause.. I just lower the volume to mute if needed

Spyder Garage

Same as above answers. No pause. Volume/skip to next/prev track and thats about it. Mute is my way of pausing lol.
    One suggestion if you REALLY want to retain the full controls would be to mount the iphone with a center handlebar mounted RAM mount. That keeps the phone within arm's reach and right up close, and you could keep all music functions that way. I have it for the navigation functions and its great. You could easily just do that and toggle back n forth between music functions and navigation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Same as above answers. No pause. Volume/skip to next/prev track and thats about it. Mute is my way of pausing lol.
    One suggestion if you REALLY want to retain the full controls would be to mount the iphone with a center handlebar mounted RAM mount. That keeps the phone within arm's reach and right up close, and you could keep all music functions that way. I have it for the navigation functions and its great. You could easily just do that and toggle back n forth between music functions and navigation.

Thanks for the input.

I actually also have a ram x-mount for my phone.

As the phone sometimes lock itself or when i'm using my GPS, I was looking for a way to use the play/pause with my thumb on the control instead of going through the iPhone menu.

I was kind of hoping that it was just because I was not aware of how to do it but it looks like it's just the way it is.
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Thanks for the input.

I actually also have a ram x-mount for my phone.

As the phone sometimes lock itself or when i'm using my GPS, I was looking for a way to use the play/pause with my thumb on the control instead of going through the iPhone menu.

I was kind of hoping that it was just because I was not aware of how to do it but it looks like it's just the way it is.
    Thats really odd. My iphone does not lock in nav mode. That makes no sense lol. How would they expect you to be able to use it? oh well thought id throw it out there. Sorry.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Thats really odd. My iphone does not lock in nav mode. That makes no sense lol. How would they expect you to be able to use it? oh well thought id throw it out there. Sorry.
    Actually, it does not lock in nav mode . But, when i'm in Nav mode, it might be easier to use the spyder control to play/pause than using the Home button, swipe to another application, play/pause and do it agin to return to Nav apps. By doing so, sometimes i just end-up closing my nav app by swipping it up
    2016 F3T , Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Only way I have seen to pause an iPxxx is to switch it to AUX input. (mode button set button) To play, switch 5 times back to USB (mode button set button set button set button set button set button). It will sometimes get lost and begin playing your library in alphabetical order. I get an ear worm of Abracadabra in my head when that happens. "abra abra cadabra I wanna reach out and grab ya..."
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey