Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the shop,

At the Boji Bike Rally. My Spyder would not start at the end of the first day. Seems to be a dead battery. I tried to get everything off to check the battery, but one of the saddle bag support bolts would not budge. Used AMA road service to have it towed home. Today I went to the dealer who services the bike and picked up a trailer to haul it in. Got it dropped off and they will check it out and replace the battery.
    2009 RS SE5 with 25,000+ miles. They will have it ready in a few days, unless they run into something besides the battery.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dpetrick View Post
    At the Boji Bike Rally. My Spyder would not start at the end of the first day. Seems to be a dead battery. I tried to get everything off to check the battery, but one of the saddle bag support bolts would not budge. Used AMA road service to have it towed home. Today I went to the dealer who services the bike and picked up a trailer to haul it in. Got it dropped off and they will check it out and replace the battery. 2009 RS SE5 with 25,000+ miles. They will have it ready in a few days, unless they run into something besides the battery.
    Bummer. Hope it's not too far away. What is Boji?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It sounds a lot like it is the battery--if yours contains the original. Seven plus years is a pretty good run.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Bummer. Hope it's not too far away. What is Boji?
    bojibikerally.com Bike rally by a big Iowa lake.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Bike in shop

I was only about 5 miles from home. I was helping out at the rally. I photograph the events for the chamber of commerce.
    David Petrick

Spyder Garage

Default Great dealer service

Shout out to Jacox Powersports, in Worthington, MN. They had a trailer for me to use to get the Spyder to their shop, no charge. Dropped the bike off on Tuesday, picked it up Thursday, with a new battery. Great service and very friendly dealer. When I take the Spyder in for service, they offer a ride on their demo bike, while they service mine. I can see why they are a Platinum dealer.
    David Petrick