Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20 EVO not really an upgrade, prior 20S version the better unit

We have been riding in a group the last week. 2 old style 20s headsets, a 10 and one new 20s EVO. The EVO is the only one that cannot make a full day of riding. Makes less than 8hrs. Sound quality and range is the same as the older model. The owner plans to demand a refund when we get back and buy an old stock 20s

Avoid the new model. It makes no improvement over the previous and indeed is inferior. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, group mode still does not work well on the Sena units. Pairs are near perfect, add 3rd or 4th headset and it goes downhill quickly. Still does not do what is advertised. Then again neither does any other brand at this point do any better.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

We downgraded our 20s firmware to 1.6.3 on all four units then did a factory reset. We paired them using the old method instead of using group intercom. we went on a two hour ride with all four connected and the popping was almost gone.
    Last edited by keefer; 09-15-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    2014 RT Limited, Cognac (Wife's) Hand Brake, Heated Comfort Seat, iPhone Cable in Glove Box, Baja Ron Swaybar, Spyder Pop's BumpSkid.
    2014 RT-S, Cognac (Mine) Tri Axis Bars, Comfort Seat, BRP Backrest, iPhone Cable in Glove Box, Baja Ron Swaybar, Spyder Pop's BumpSkid, Spyder2go Drink Holder.

Spyder Garage

If I was still using SENA, I'd wait for the 30K with adaptive-mesh communication.

I moved on to the Cardo Pack Talk which is very solid and can link up to 15 riders. And I didn't like the sound quality of the 20s speakers at all.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HIspyder View Post
    If I was still using SENA, I'd wait for the 30K with adaptive-mesh communication.

I moved on to the Cardo Pack Talk which is very solid and can link up to 15 riders. And I didn't like the sound quality of the 20s speakers at all.
    +1 our group loves the Cardo Pack Talk