Thread: F3 highway pegs

Spyder Garage

Default F3 highway pegs

Now that there are a couple of different offerings of highway pegs for the F3 are there any of you good folks that would care to share your opinions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolffspyder View Post
    Now that there are a couple of different offerings of highway pegs for the F3
    Who, other than Pit Bull, makes highway pegs for the F3 Limited?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

If that was for me, thank you.

I'm looking for highway pegs for the F3 Limited with BRP floorboards. Lamonts highway pegs are for his RIP floorboards.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default HUH...?

i truly do not understand this question....
    the F3 comes from the factory with HIGHWAY PEGS ONLY..... what am i missing here...?

i've added FLOOR BORDZ, but the OEM Pegs remain in their original position...
    20170407_132119.jpg 20170407_132104.jpg
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 F3 limited and it comes with floor boards !!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Now that there are a couple of different offerings of highway pegs for the F3 are there any of you good folks that would care to share your opinions?
    Call Pitbull Powersports for the PB-1 Highway pegs, they work well, are sturdy and easy to install.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IMG_3604.jpgIMG_3605.jpgIMG_3605.jpgIMG_3606.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post

Call Pitbull Powersports for the PB-1 Highway pegs, they work well, are sturdy and easy to install.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default QUESTION

I know this is Lamonster's board and we can't post links to unsponsored sites. Can we mention them by name? Just wanting to play by the rules before I tell my "foot peg story."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    i truly do not understand this question....
    the F3 comes from the factory with HIGHWAY PEGS ONLY..... what am i missing here...?

i've added FLOOR BORDZ, but the OEM Pegs remain in their original position...
    20170407_132119.jpg 20170407_132104.jpg
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    I don't think the pegs on the F3 are considered "highway pegs". They are driving pegs as opposed to floor boards on other models.
    "Highway pegs" would be those in addition to the standard pegs and will give you an option for varied foot positioning while riding. The stock pegs are used when shifting (if manual) or braking.
    There are "highway pegs" available for almost every bike and those bikes come with pegs or floorboards as stock just like our Spyders do. Think Harleys, V stroms, BMW, etc.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Default ofdave

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    I don't think the pegs on the F3 are considered "highway pegs". They are driving pegs as opposed to floor boards on other models.
    "Highway pegs" would be those in addition to the standard pegs and will give you an option for varied foot positioning while riding. The stock pegs are used when shifting (if manual) or braking.
    There are "highway pegs" available for almost every bike and those bikes come with pegs or floorboards as stock just like our Spyders do. Think Harleys, V stroms, BMW, etc.
    so, exactly WHERE do these pegs attach...?
    highway pegs on my 2 wheelers where always forward of any other type of foot position attachments... on the F3, there is no room to go forward... if you did, you'd run into the front fenders...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default ARGH

with my OEM pegs @ the most forward position, these would hit the fenders....
    dp

Spyder Garage

Default Gotcha

with my OEM pegs @ the most forward position, these would hit the fenders....
    dp
    Understood. I definitely don't have that problem. My OEM pegs are at UFIT position 2.

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Floorboards

[QUOTE=Copperman;1293717]If that was for me, thank you.

I'm looking for highway pegs for the F3 Limited with BRP floorboards. Lamonts highway pegs are for his RIP floorboards.[/QUOTE

These are the highway pegs by @Pitbull Powersports that are made specifically for the F3 with the BRP floorboards. They bolt onto the existing BRP floorboards, are easy to install, adjustable, and best of all, don't require ANY drilling. I installed them on my 2016 F3.

IMG_20170822_134502.jpgIMG_20170822_134518.jpgIMG_20170822_134536.jpg
    Last edited by LateLifeCrisis; 08-22-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Default floor boards

pegs are ok but for the comfort of moving around more and NOT having a toe over the brake floor boards is the way to go <IMO>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by adzgrrrl View Post
    I know this is Lamonster's board and we can't post links to unsponsored sites. Can we mention them by name? Just wanting to play by the rules before I tell my "foot peg story."
    Please, tell your foot peg story.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

highway pegs on my 2 wheelers where always forward of any other type of foot position attachments... on the F3, there is no room to go forward... if you did, you'd run into the front fenders...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Dan, you are doing a mighty lot of "assuming" there.

Here's position 5 with Lamont's loooong RIP boards and highway pegs.

IMG_0447.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default no no no

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Dan, you are doing a mighty lot of "assuming" there.

Here's position 5 with Lamont's loooong RIP boards and highway pegs.

IMG_0447.jpg

Pete
    no Pete... this is a completely altered configuration... you have replaced the OEM foot thingee with a combination of 2 other pieces... no assumption made on my part....
    dp

Spyder Garage

no Pete... this is a completely altered configuration... you have replaced the OEM foot thingee with a combination of 2 other pieces... no assumption made on my part....
    dp
    I know it's an altered configuration, Dan. I was just illustrating that there is indeed room to go forward on the F3 from position #5 with highway pegs without running into the front fenders.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 08-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

.......and here is me, prior to the highway pegs steering via the front fenders.

IMG_0316.jpg
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Dan P
    SPYD3R

The highway pegs made by Pitbull bolt onto the bottom of the BRP floorboards, are adjustable and require NO DRILLING.

IMG_20170822_134502.jpg IMG_20170822_134518.jpg IMG_20170822_134536.jpg
    He's on his RT She's on her F3

And the Keys to a Happy Marriage: Separate
    Bathrooms, Individual Remote TV Clickers, and
    His and Her Spyders.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die,
    I want to go where they went." ~ ~ Will Rogers

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
    ~ ~ Winston Churchill in his tribute to the RAF.

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining
    people who think the world owes them a living." ~ ~ John Wayne

GOS 3799

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Stellar customer service

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Please, tell your foot peg story.
    I purchased the "highway pegs" shown in my previous photo. Upon installing them, I realized that the OEM pegs did not have an embedded metal support bar. Basically, the only thing fastening the rubber to the peg were 2 half inch coarse thread screws. After realizing this, we contacted the vendor. He immediately reached out to us after business hours. We exchanged several emails, phone calls and photos. He helped us troubleshoot the issue. Apparently BRP removed the metal support in the pegs of some F3 models. The vendor redesigned and developed a new technique to support this difference in configuration. I could not be happier with the end result!

ps... f3 owners, you might want to inspect your oem pegs and make sure you don't have one of the "scaled down" versions...