Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My mods

Spyder Garage

Default Mods

Very sweet Brian! I missed this the first time around, so am glad it came back around.
    Pat
    Cal Sci XL Windscreen; Widow Highway Pegs; Mirror Extenders; 1" handlebar riser; Hindle exhaust; Corbin Seat, Givi top case, Street Magic HID headlights, 12v power thingy in trunk, NMN Triple Play, Tom Tom Rider 2 GPS, Corbin rear fender, so far
    and A Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Would like to see some detail pics of the black risers. Need to get some for my wife's Spyder, but haven't decided on chrome or black, although I'm leaning towards black.

Thanks,
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Dang, I see that I forgot to post pictures of the risers. It'll have to wait for a while longer as my Spyder is at the dealership waiting on BRP to ship them a DPS as mine went kaput. Hopefully early next week.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Looks great!!!
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Would like to see some detail pics of the black risers. Need to get some for my wife's Spyder, but haven't decided on chrome or black, although I'm leaning towards black.

Thanks,
    Here are a few pics of my black risers along with the Kewlmetal rear rack I installed yesterday.

I really like the rear rack and I am envisioning how I will get a sissy bar attachment for it to hold a new sissy bar bag that I have been shopping for and to attach my Biker's Friend bag to instead of using bungee cords under the seat. I also am envisioning getting my license plate mounted up on the rear rack instead of on the swingarm like I have it now. That should relieve
    any vibration issues associated my current license plate mount.

One thing on the rear rack install, in the instructions they say to remove one of the taillight screws if you are having trouble getting the mounting plate into the Spyder frame. I recommend against that as once you get the screw out and get the mounting plate installed, you won't be able to put the screw back in so that taillight will be loose. I found that the mounting plate did fit in between the light assemblies though it was a tight fit.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lets see all of my spyder mods are:
    1. spring trunk release
    2. 12 volt acc. receptical in dash
    3. 1" BRP bar riser
    4. 3" MM bar riser
    5. F III windshield
    6. CHAD windshield
    7. MM thottle lock
    8. BMW thottle lock
    9. MM hp air filter
    10. MM HID lights
    11. Russell Day Long seat
    12. HWY pegs
    13. I-7 Givi saddle bags
    14. I-7 Givi top box
    15. MM Micron exhaust
    16. Warrior exhaust
    17. BRP axel caps

I think thats it for now. In the future;

1. front hand brake
    2. elec. cruise control
    Last edited by Putt-Putt; 08-05-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I've been playing with a different license plate mount since I removed my rear fender.
    I designed the bracket to bring the plate higher and towards the back of the Spyder while keeping it horizontal so it was visible from both sides while riding. I think this covers me for plate mounting legality in all states.
    I just noticed this old post, Brian. As it turns out, your concerns about legality in all States were unfounded, as your trip to L.A. demonstrated the whole plate concept seems to be optional...
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Well I got my license plate mount moved again...

Trying to get it off the swingarm because of vibration issues, I mounted it off of the Kewlmetal rear rack that I recently got.

Spyder Garage

Default Nelson-Rigg Day Tripper bag

I got a great deal on the Day Tripper tailbag from my dealer and it works great with my Kewl rack. This, along with my Biker's Friend bag, should give me all the luggage carrying capacity I need for any traveling I'll do. If not, I can add the Nelson-Rigg roll bag to the top for additional storage. This bag is secure on the Spyder and very easy to remove so I can easily take it into the motel rooms for the night. Here are a few pics of the Day Tripper along with my Biker's Friend.

The first two pics also show a bit of the Madstad windshield and brackets I've been demoing. So far, it's been great. So good that after I made one small adjustment to how dltang had it set, I haven't messed with it since. I really need to take the time to try it at multiple adjustment levels to give a true report of how well it works. I'll post dedicated pics and a report on the Madstad in the next few days.

Spyder Garage

Looks great! Thanks for your support.

Spyder Garage

Default looks good

nice job
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

looks good.. very clean.
    If you mod your ride to the approval of others then is not really yours... A Fuego ! XXX 74

Spyder Garage

Just got the MMG cold air intake installed that I bought from ATADude. It went in fairly easy once I took off just enough body plastic to "finesse" it in there. No pics but it can be seen on ATADude's mods thread. I'll be testing it out starting today on the way to work. I will say that the initial running just in my garage didn't produce any noticeable increase in the intake noise like removing the snorkels or putting on the Evoluzione intake.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Just got the MMG cold air intake installed that I bought from ATADude. It went in fairly easy once I took off just enough body plastic to "finesse" it in there. No pics but it can be seen on ATADude's mods thread. I'll be testing it out starting today on the way to work. I will say that the initial running just in my garage didn't produce any noticeable increase in the intake noise like removing the snorkels or putting on the Evoluzione intake.
    Dang... you are slow. Oh, wait... the shop thingy.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

I was waiting for you to come up and do the free install that I thought you included with every sale but I got tired of waiting.