Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default Eclipse in totality

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    only a few hours to go, we have 2 welding masks at my place if i get the urge to look
    I drove down to Nashville to catch the total solar eclipse, and I'm so glad that I did !
    I stood in an area between the Grand Ole Opry and a shopping mall with a few thousand other people. It was sunny & hot, 94° when the eclipse started. As the eclipse started, everyone got out their glasses and started putting them on. Funny to see these throngs of people all with their glasses on, staring up at the sky. It reminded me of those photos from t...he 50's of everyone sitting in a 3D movie theatre.
    About 30 seconds before the total eclipse, the sky started getting dark, kind of dusk-like. It wasn't until the eclipse was in its totality, that there was real darkness. It was like someone just flicked off the light switch ! Very cool to see, and there was a huge gasp and then applause from the crowd. The automatic lights came on in the parking lots and in the stores, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees, and all the birds stopped chirping.
    The darkness lasted for just about a minute and a half, and then with just the slightest sliver of sun showing, there was total brightness again.
    Very, very neat to experience.
    Can't wait for the next one in 2024 !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I drove down to Nashville to catch the total solar eclipse, and I'm so glad that I did !
    I stood in an area between the Grand Ole Opry and a shopping mall with a few thousand other people. It was sunny & hot, 94° when the eclipse started. As the eclipse started, everyone got out their glasses and started putting them on. Funny to see these throngs of people all with their glasses on, staring up at the sky. It reminded me of those photos from t...he 50's of everyone sitting in a 3D movie theatre.
    About 30 seconds before the total eclipse, the sky started getting dark, kind of dusk-like. It wasn't until the eclipse was in its totality, that there was real darkness. It was like someone just flicked off the light switch ! Very cool to see, and there was a huge gasp and then applause from the crowd. The automatic lights came on in the parking lots and in the stores, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees, and all the birds stopped chirping.
    The darkness lasted for just about a minute and a half, and then with just the slightest sliver of sun showing, there was total brightness again.
    Very, very neat to experience.
    Can't wait for the next one in 2024 !
    https://www.facebook.com/joe.lynch.3...8197377291992/