Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3L Radio Problems update to the update

On previous post, because of crappy radio reception I chased down a RMA900 replacement
    antenna from our local Walmart for about $9.00. Removed the OEM antenna cleaned the
    threads up and installed the new antenna and reception improved tremendously. Next
    day my pea got to me thinking and I started looking at the OEM antenna. Here is a
    suggestion that may correct reception problems without having to chase down a new
    antenna. Take a good razor sharp blade and slice off about 1/4" tp 1/2" of the rubber at
    the bottom of the OEM antenna. This should expose a stud that holds the antenna to the base. With an 8mm wrench (I think) or a small screw driver inserted in a slot in the stud you can unscrew the antenna. Mine was completely coated in blue locktite. Removing the locktite from the stud and using a small brass brush (think 22 cal. bore brush) clean the stud and inside threads. I applied a small shot of dielectric grease, screwed it all back together and got good reception. You can tape up where you
    did the slicing or drop a length of heat shrink over the area. It is just a thought on my part and results may vary. If memory serves and it may not, there are 3 screws that hold the side trunk cover on. Removal will allow you check if the antenna cable and ground cable are tight.
    Dray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REMOVAL OF THREAD LOCKER

Bro you need to read more posts / threads ..... we have been doing this for over a year, but thanks for the reminder ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3L Radio Problems update to the update

I guess my review of past post and Lamonsters video was not good enough
    as I missed the specifics and particulars of the operations involved.

Dray