Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I PM some one on facebook that was selling their 18FT plus Vnose length; They haul two spyder F3Limiteds in it and it works great. the lspecs are was 7FT wide X 18FT long bed plus the length of Vnose. She didnt give me total length .
    The trailer is aluminum.
    This is what I will be purchasing.
    "The F3 I believe is 102 inches long (8'6"). The RT Ltd is 105 inches long (8'9"). You will pick up 6" more of trailer space if you haul
    2 F 3's as opposed to 2 RT's."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I don't know why I waste my time sometimes.
    Perhaps you shouldn't...
    I'd ask you how stupid do you think that I am; only it's already obvious!
    You've never actually run a steel tape for money:have you?
    I have...
    I also had a Grampa, who taught me the importance of making sure...

But you're too busy pontificating; to hear what you've actually said...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But you're too busy pontificating; to hear what you've actually said...
    SIGH.

I asked you a simple question and offered a simple suggestion .........
    but YOU couldn't just give a simple answer and instead started about 4 rounds of exchanges that are meaningless and confrontational.

I know exactly what I said. It seems that you don't.

I quit. Good luck "getting the glove to fit".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I already know that it does, and that it will...

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Thank you again everyone. This has been very helpful. Bob, we looked at a toy hauler but couldn't find one with a big enough garage. We will be full-timing so we want as much living space as possible too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Missus was willing to sacrifice living space for the Spyder: who am I to complain about that?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jdiamond View Post
    "The Spyders are 8 feet 9 inches each. Two of them end to end are 17 feet 6 inches. A 16 foot length trailer with a 2 foot nose is 18 feet total length which is too short for two Spyders. A 3 foot nose would give you a 19 foot length, still a bit tight for 2 Spyders.
    I am thinking an 18 foot trailer for my needs + nose. Would appreciate anyones thoughts on this. Thanks.
    I've owned 7X14, 8X18 and (my current) 7X16 trailers. Note that which Spyder models being hauled will make a difference in the needed space: it's not just length but also width when positioning the Spyders into the vee-front area and side access around the bikes. For clarification, we've got an ST, 2 F3S models and an H-D FLHTK dresser. I've had the 7X16 trailer since July, 2009 and have logged about 35K miles with it and various combinations of motorcycles, across the flat heartland, through the mountains, and through shallow ditches (unexpectedly to avoid an accident). Apparently I don't take many photos of the bikes mounted in the trailer. But I did find a couple.

The first is an RS backed into the nose into a single tire chock for the back wheel; the blocks on the side keep the front end from moving sideways if the straps are not tightened evenly. The ST and F3 Spyders will fit in the same way. The second shows the H-D FLHTK in place. A third photo will be added (as it's on a different computer at the moment) showing the ST and F3 in a fit-up stage. One cannot walk around the forward or aft ends with the doors closed but one can navigate down the sides and walk between the front ends when loaded. One may need more space for maneuvering if one has mobility issues, but this arrangement has worked successfully for our travels.

We have successfully hauled the following combinations: an RS and std H-D Touring bike, an ST-LTD with saddlebags and std H-D Touring bike, an ST-LTD with saddlebags and an F3-S with saddlebags, and 2 F3-S models with saddlebags, always end to end. The front one is backed in and the back one is driven in. Each of the Spyders have two straps that hold the real wheel against a chock.

Like I stated earlier, if you are pulling behind a motorhome then dimensions don't much matter as the hole has already been punched in the air: get the biggest you think you'll need. The challenge with then be the gross trailer and load weight and rolling resistance. If you are hauling two heavies, go with a tandem axle arrangement. If the suspension system is torsion bar-based then one needs to pay attention to the tongue height to evenly distribute the load between the axles.

Wayne
    Attached Images Attached Images
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Default Aluminum trailers

I use a 7x19 (which is a 7x16 box and a 3 foot V nose) Legend trailer. Tandem 3500 pound axles. Brakes on one axle. The frame, box and skin are aluminum. The floor is wood. It has over 6 ft height, side door and drop back door. It was waaaaay cheaper than every other brand and has held up well for 9 years so far. It holds my 2015 RTS, my 08 Harley Ultra and my 1999 BMW R1200C all together. It's tough for an old fat guy to tie them all down but can be done. I pull it with my 3/4 ton van. Legend has more deluxe models but I went for the simplest one for cost. The red matches my van pretty well.
    Lucky

2015 RTS SE6
    2008 Harley Ultra
    1999 BMW R1200C
    1986 Harley Electraglide

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by duke50 View Post
    I have a 7x14 enclosed and I cant see how you could get both in at the same time,theres no way
    Spyder in first. Nose forward into trailer V. Second bike angled. Been there, done that. 16 footer much better than a 14.
    2020 RTL Chrome Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Default 8.5 x 16 enclosed lowhauler tandem

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_B View Post
    Spyder in first. Nose forward into trailer V. Second bike angled. Been there, done that. 16 footer much better than a 14.
    Fits 2013 Victory Crossroads Tour and 2016 RT-S ... the rts rear wheel is moved toward left wall. The front of Vic is slightly on an angle. About 4-6 in between rear wheel and Vic front. I cant see two RTS though, maybe a RTL with a f3 with no saddlebags.