Spyder Garage

Default Seat upgrade for F3 T.

I am wondering if the oem seat is going to soften up for the rider and passenger or are most upgrading to a different seat. If so what?

Spyder Garage

Most asking questions about seats seem to have the opposite complaint. Most think of the OEM seat as a mush, torture machine that gives out after about 50 miles of driving. Never heard a complaint of it being to hard.

That said, I think you are on the "good" side of the problem. Am guessing the seat will "soften" in the next 500 miles or so.

I am not familiar with F3 ergos--so will not consider myself an "expert" when it comes to advice on F3 seating.

I have replaced 5 of 5 seats on my 's. The OEM was gone within 500 miles. My solutions: Two Corbins (you probably would not like them because they are considered as hard). Three BRP comfort seats. More support for me. Cost wise: about $600 for the BRP and $1000 for the Corbins.

Others will come on and hopefully you can get your seat dilemma solved to your satisfaction.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Most asking questions about seats seem to have the opposite complaint. Most think of the OEM seat as a mush, torture machine that gives out after about 50 miles of driving. Never heard a complaint of it being to hard.

That said, I think you are on the "good" side of the problem. Am guessing the seat will "soften" in the next 500 miles or so.

I am not familiar with F3 ergos--so will not consider myself an "expert" when it comes to advice on F3 seating.

I have replaced 5 of 5 seats on my 's. The OEM was gone within 500 miles. My solutions: Two Corbins (you probably would not like them because they are considered as hard). Three BRP comfort seats. More support for me. Cost wise: about $600 for the BRP and $1000 for the Corbins.

Others will come on and hopefully you can get your seat dilemma solved to your satisfaction.
    Maybe hard isn't the correct description, it is a PITA lol

Spyder Garage

Default custom seats

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

If you are going to go as high as a Corbin costs, you might check with a custom saddlemaker. I had a passenger and rider seat made for my F3 for $1,300.00 by Bill Mayer saddles here in Ventura. They do ride-in and internet orders and build you a seat to suit you and measurements. They have a website with details. I'm very pleased with mine.
    Last edited by CA Railwhale; 08-21-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Coast to coast

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    If you are going to go as might check with a custom saddlemaker. I had a passenger and rider seat made for my F3 for $1,300.00 by Bill Mayer saddles here in Ventura. They do ride-in and internet orders and build you a seat to suit you and measurements. They have a website with details. I'm very pleased with mine.
    Has anyone tried one of these? Wondering if they are worth the money

Spyder Garage

I had Russel Day Long make a custom seat for my F3 and could not be more pleased. It really lives up to its name. MANY happy miles in the saddle.

20151218_151845.jpg

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

This is the first motorcycle I have ever owned that I didn't have to have a custom seat made. The longest day ride so far has been about 500 miles.