Thread: Sena 20

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20

My wife and I ride 2 up on my 16 RTL. Headset works fine when its just me but when we are paired together, music skips and intercom is a little flakey. She has trouble initiating conversation but if I start the conversation she can talk fine. Less than stellar performance so far. Anyone else have these issues?
    Last edited by jzb54; 08-20-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

When I am alone I use my phone to call out, listen to music and GPS and it works flawlessly. I tried sharing music and it skips. If we just use intercoms there is no problem. I haven't had my 20's that long and am still experimenting. I'm thinking there might be a setting I need to change.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

I have the 20 as well. I think it works really well when it is only doing one thing at a time.... just music... just phone.... just intercom....

Putting combinations together, and it starts to get sketchy.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

I had all the same issues. Did everything the tech support folks told me to do. They gave up and had me return them for warranty. Got new ones yesterday so now I start over. Will post up with results.

Spyder Garage

Default Too complicated

I've had ours for about a year now. I think the interface is just too complicated for what it does... The only way it could be better is with a better app or laptop program.

DavidC

Spyder Garage

Default Too complicated

I've had ours for about a year now. I think the interface is just too complicated for what it does... The only way it could be better is with a better app or laptop program.

DavidC

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    I had all the same issues. Did everything the tech support folks told me to do. They gave up and had me return them for warranty. Got new ones yesterday so now I start over. Will post up with results.
    Same thing here. We had problems with one unit. Lots of static, my wife could not connect to initiate conversations and there was a lot of static. Sent them back hope to get them back this weekend!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I've had similar problems with the 20s. I think the issue is when I have music playing and on the intercom, maybe it's like a CB and needs to break squelch to lower the music volume.

I paired mine to my phone for phone only. I paired the BT dongle for multimedia and turn it off when I'm going to be on intercom constantly like with a backseater or a group. I have an RT so I can play music through the speakers if so needed.

Not a perfect solution, but it'll do.

Dave

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jzb54 View Post
    My wife and I ride 2 up on my 16 RTL. Headset works fine when its just me but when we are paired together, music skips and intercom is a little flakey. She has trouble initiating conversation but if I start the conversation she can talk fine. Less than stellar performance so far. Anyone else have these issues?
    Does it sound all staticy(?) On one side yet the other can talk through? I have been fighting that problem since they were new. Ok, so don't laugh...Take a wooden toothpick and jam it in where the wires press in. As you tighten down the unit, the toothpick pushes the wire in and holds it there for a more positive connection. It does work...it's stupid to have to do that to a $400 unit, but it helps. Now if I could just get my speakers to play on both ears.. I have to use ear buds to get any type of stereo sound.

Spyder Garage

Default Sena app

If you have the Sena app on your smartphone, you can see and configure the settings much easier. I found that we had the best reception with as much turned off as possible, and have the two units configured with the same settings helped also.

Quote Originally Posted by jzb54 View Post
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White