Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DEALERS

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    So, today, the dealership offered to give me a loaner Spyder until Wednesday, when they expect that parts to be in and the work completed. That part was a shocker.

I also questioned the service rep more closely and he agreed that it really was probably not necessary to replace both rotors, so after applying a dealer labor discount for buying the unit there, the cost dropped somewhat, although, I still wish it was all covered without all of this crapola.

The offer of a loaner until the repairs are completed also lessened the pain a little, but still....

I did fire off another e-mail to BRP regarding their e-mail to me explaining their point of view on the mileage and "unknown conditions under which the unit was ridden" comment. I emphasized the potential safety issues with braking concerns. i still await a return comment. So, til then, thanks to all who have offered advice and information. You are a great group of people.
    Very glad to here you are at least getting some reduction in cost ..... and they'll never know this... But, if I got a loaner from them it wouldn't have ANY tread on the rear tire .... I'm not suggesting that you give THAT any thought ............... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Very glad to here you are at least getting some reduction in cost ..... and they'll never know this... But, if I got a loaner from them it wouldn't have ANY tread on the rear tire .... I'm not suggesting that you give THAT any thought ............... Mike
    I get your drift.........Haha..
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

just did the brakes on my 2014 STL. Two rotors and pads from Ron - $300.00 total. I also did the rear so that was another $50.00 for the pads. The front took less than an hour, the rear was about another hour. My bike had about 32,000 miles on the old brakes.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-17-2024 at 08:12 PM. Reason: breaks don't stop!!

Spyder Garage

So, the final result of this is, that the manager of the dealer has determined that both left and right rotors and pads need to be replaced, because of possible safety and liability concerns. They attempted to convince BRP to cover the repairs, but with negative results. I also sent BRP another "stern", but civil, e-mail relaying my dissatisfaction with their final response, in spite of their conclusion that this rotor warping issue is indeed a rarity.

Guess I need to start dragging my feet to stop from now on to avoid any further future damage.......

Spyder Garage

Perhaps the NTSB would be interested in BRPs inadequate braking system.......? I'm not saying that the brakes don't work well. Just that they should be durable enough to be serviceable beyond 7K miles.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Hell must have frozen over last nite..........

I went to the dealer today to pick up my Spyder, pulled out my credit card as the service manager got the paperwork. He then says that there is some news. BRP contacted them early today and decided that would cover the cost of the entire job, since it was indeed an oddity of the rotor warping so soon. Of course, I was thrilled to no end. The dealership also washed the bike and treated all of the black trim with conditioner. Looked as new as the day I bought it.

I'd like to think that my e-mail to BRP last nite might have had something to do with their change of heart.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP - COMING THRU FOR YOU

Quote Originally Posted by ARNIE R View Post
    Hell must have frozen over last nite..........

I went to the dealer today to pick up my Spyder, pulled out my credit card as the service manager got the paperwork. He then says that there is some news. BRP contacted them early today and decided that would cover the cost of the entire job, since it was indeed an oddity of the rotor warping so soon. Of course, I was thrilled to no end. The dealership also washed the bike and treated all of the black trim with conditioner. Looked as new as the day I bought it.

I'd like to think that my e-mail to BRP last nite might have had something to do with their change of heart.
    ....Glad to hear this and imho sending them another E-mail telling how much you appreciate their change of heart wouldn't be a bad idea ..... Mike