Spyder Garage

Default F3T's Maiden Voyage!

My wife completed the 3 wheel MSF course on Wednesday and Thursday this week. Yesterday she went down to DMV and got the M3 endorsement put on her license. Today she put 108 miles on her F3T. We spent some time riding in subdivisions first so she could get more comfortable on it with no traffic. Then we hit some slower back roads with 35mph posted speeds. Then some with 45mph posted speeds, then some with 55mph posted speeds. By the end of the day, we were riding on a 4 lane highway with 60mph posted speeds, medium traffic and stoplights. We stopped off at a couple of friends houses so she could show it off a bit. She is ready to do some more riding tomorrow! I didn't take many pics, but here are a couple. Also one of the GPS showing where we rode.

When we were almost home, her bike went into limp mode and was showing check engine and the traction control lights in the cluster. (pic below) I know you have to check for codes before you turn the key off, but this early in the ownership, I hadn't looked up the process yet. I turned it off and looked it up so I will know for next time. After finding it, I went back out and started it back up. No warning lights and no code. I took it out for a ride and ran it harder than my wife would thru some curvy roads, still no warning lights or codes. I think it was probably just a glitch or computer error or something... who knows? Anyway, I did take a picture of it.

Last edited by Poseidon; 08-19-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome. ..!!

That is the way to do it...congrats to her on getting her endorsement.. and don't sweat the warning the traction control does not like angles have set it off a few time and when you start it back up....gone. Some times resting your foot on the brake will anger it. If it stays or comes back then start checking.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad you guys got a chance to enjoy the new scoot.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Limp mode

Most likely she was rideing get foot on the brake. Just sayin

Spyder Garage

Advice to try the easy stuff first is right on. I suspect foot riding the brake also. Been there and done that.

PS: on the new ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure she was riding the brake. We rode 211 miles today with no issue. Thanks for the info. I would have never guessed riding the brake would put it in limp mode!

We we had a good ride today. We rode out to the edge of the mountains. Nothing too technical, but we had some elivation changes and some twisties. She did awesome! Stepping her up a little at a time has worked perfectly. She still has a ways to go before she will be ready to keep up with some of the guys I ride with, but I am really proud of how far she has come this weekend. Here is a pic from the GPS of where we rode today.

IMG_4460.jpg