Spyder Garage

Default Handlebar Riser Kit for F3

Is anyone aware of either a handlebar riser kit or reasonably priced replacement handlebars for a F3-T. I just bought a Corbin Dual Tour seat which I love. The down side, however, it increased my reach to the handlebars. I need to move my existing bars up and back 1.5" to 2.0" to sit straight up and reduce pressure on my wrists. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ShadyGrady

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is what I used when the short-reach bars weren't enough.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-18-handlebars
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

+1 I have the same riser's.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrady View Post
    Is anyone aware of either a handlebar riser kit or reasonably priced replacement handlebars for a F3-T. I just bought a Corbin Dual Tour seat which I love. The down side, however, it increased my reach to the handlebars. I need to move my existing bars up and back 1.5" to 2.0" to sit straight up and reduce pressure on my wrists. Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ShadyGrady
    ROX is a pretty good way to go. I used 3.5 in with long reach bar and am curretnly going to try the 2 inch to see what the difference is.
    2016 F3-T
    Driver and removable backrest
    Longreach handlebars

Spyder Garage

Default Risers

Will these install without having to lenghten any wires or cables? Thanks Bob
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    ShadyGrady
    Thanks guys. I just ordered a 2" Rox Pivoting Bar Riser from Revzilla.

Spyder Garage

Default My back

I just ordered mine too. My back can't wait for it to get here!!! Hopefully I'll be able to fully utilize my backrest after I install the riser.

Spyder Garage

The important question for me is, Will the length of the Control cables on my 2017 F3
    Limited allow me to use the Rox 2" risers without having to reworking everything??
    Anyone with experience please feel free to jump in here. I have a 3000 mile trip coming
    up and would really like to install the risers before I leave.

Dray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    The important question for me is, Will the length of the Control cables on my 2017 F3
    Limited allow me to use the Rox 2" risers without having to reworking everything??
    Anyone with experience please feel free to jump in here. I have a 3000 mile trip coming
    up and would really like to install the risers before I leave.

Dray
    Yes, there's enough cable. You'll have to clip where they're tied to the bars, then pull out what you need. After installation, zip tie them back.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I do recommend the Rox risers. I got mine this morning and installed
    them on my 2017 F3L. They were the 2" risers and I could have probably
    gone with the 3" ones. They have a lot of adjustment range. You will need
    a small star Allen to remove the cable clips on each side of the handle bar
    down close to steering stem. Also needed will be a 7MM Allen to remove/
    reinstall the 4 bolts that were holding the handle bar. If extra cable length
    is needed, remove the top right access panel (one where you check oil) and
    using a flashlight, look up under the top cover and there should be tie wrap
    around 2 or 3 small wire bundles. Clip this and you are ready to put everything
    back together. Follow the included instructions when tighten everything back down.

Ride safe and enjoy!!

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default Looking to buy risers also

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

I sat on a Spyder with the short reach bars and they are not enough for me.

What size Rox's did you go with? I am thinking bout 3" or 4".

Do these install fairly easily?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Good product

I've used these on several bikes in the past. Cable length should not be a problem. Look at Lamonster's post regarding Mini Ape bars that he put on without any cable changes. His message link is http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?109758-Finished-my-custom-bars-this-weekend&highlight=mini+bars

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I think Lamonster put mini apes on an F3-S a while back. That is another possible solution for ergonomic comfort. Sorry I forgot to read your previous reply there, but yeah they would probably help.

Spyder Garage

Bugger......I bought the 2” Rox from Revzilla, but I have already angled my stock bars up a bit and the 2” riser puts the switchblock and my hands smack bang in the middle of my mirrors. Very poor research on my part. Looks like someone out here in Oz will be getting a free set of Rox.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Bugger......I bought the 2” Rox from Revzilla, but I have already angled my stock bars up a bit and the 2” riser puts the switchblock and my hands smack bang in the middle of my mirrors. Very poor research on my part. Looks like someone out here in Oz will be getting a free set of Rox.

Pete
    I installed my Rox 2" yesterday. I like them. Pete you can adjust the Rox up and down quite a lot. Simply roll them. The biggest problem I had, was that the Rox bottom bars are too smooth, and I could not bolt them down securely. They kept rolling down a bit. So, I cut shims from a Coke can, wrapped it around with an overlap, Superglued it, and they are as tight as you can get. Now very comfortable, as I can roll both up or down to get best position.
    Enjoy the ride.
    2016 F3Ltd , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JackSA View Post
    I installed my Rox 2" yesterday. I like them. Pete you can adjust the Rox up and down quite a lot. Simply roll them. The biggest problem I had, was that the Rox bottom bars are too smooth, and I could not bolt them down securely. They kept rolling down a bit. So, I cut shims from a Coke can, wrapped it around with an overlap, Superglued it, and they are as tight as you can get. Now very comfortable, as I can roll both up or down to get best position.
    Enjoy the ride.
    Thanks Jack. Unfortunately, the grips are at exactly the right distance from me on my taller Russell Daylong seat, so that limits me to adding height, which is the one thing I can’t do without blocking my mirrors.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks Jack. Unfortunately, the grips are at exactly the right distance from me on my taller Russell Daylong seat, so that limits me to adding height, which is the one thing I can’t do without blocking my mirrors.

Pete
    Bugger, I could have had them cheap or free!!!@@@@
    2016 F3Ltd , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JackSA View Post
    Bugger, I could have had them cheap or free!!!@@@@

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default How about Handlebar Risers for an ST-S?

Sorry about the thread hijack...but I didn't find much under the ST forums...
    2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Follow-up to original post

Thanks,
    ShadyGrady
    The 2" Rox Adjustable Risers were an easy install without changing the factory cables. I have a Corbin Dual Tour Seat and the Rox definetly put my hands in a more comfortable position. I removed them however due to a couple of issues I could not fix. (1) any position that moved my hands back from the stock position partially or totally blocked my view of the rear view mirrors (2) the 2" risers
    seemed to give my bars too much flex and the steering did not seem to be as responsive. I removed them and although I have to lean slightly forward I am much happier with the stock set up. Not quite as comfortable but a better overall riding experience.

Thanks,
    ShadyGrady