Spyder Garage

Default Installing UHF on 2017RT

I have a PTT button on my Spyder and know its for a UHF but haven't been able to find any info on how to fit it. Btw this is my first post. Have read many and like this space. New from Perth W. Australia
    Finn

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

Glad you jumped in the 🎪.... If you do a search here or google for the CB installation etc on the can am spyders you will get the information you are looking for. I am not a CB'er so don't know.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I have a PTT button on my Spyder and know its for a UHF but haven't been able to find any info on how to fit it. Btw this is my first post. Have read many and like this space. New from Perth W. Australia Finn
    Welcome! I spent a week in Perth back in the 70's gratis the USN. Had a wonderful time. Saw the black swans at the mall and a dirt track race of what looked like modified ATV's (forgot the name of the machines used). Very British downtown.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I have a PTT button on my Spyder and know its for a UHF but haven't been able to find any info on how to fit it. Btw this is my first post. Have read many and like this space. New from Perth W. Australia
    Finn
    It is for a VHF, 11 meter, 27 MHZ radio; in the US it is called "Citizens Band" or CB.
    That particular radio may not be legal in Australia.

Anyhow, it is intended to be used with their "special" model of radio along with the appropriate wiring harnesses so that it integrates with the rest of the custom audio system.

If you want to just access the button for your own use, you either need a wiring diagram or need to take it apart to see what the button is connected to.......or both.