Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

LED's are the way to go. Once you get past the install, they burn brighter and should last much longer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

i went back to halogen. went with some philips bulbs. i tried the ebay ones.
    shoulda gone with cindys or lamonts maybe. lit up the road signs but wasnt pleased
    w/light on the road. even tried adjusting. run it up and down and worked on them.
    with the new halogens i have all the light ill ever need , side and front. to each their
    own .im leaving mine alone for now. the leds sure do make you visible, though.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HALOGEN BULBS

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    i went back to halogen. went with some philips bulbs. i tried the ebay ones.
    shoulda gone with cindys or lamonts maybe. lit up the road signs but wasnt pleased
    w/light on the road. even tried adjusting. run it up and down and worked on them.
    with the new halogens i have all the light ill ever need , side and front. to each their
    own .im leaving mine alone for now. the leds sure do make you visible, though.
    Irv I now have a few sets of them ( halogen's ) that I was going to throw away ....... I save them and give them you if we are in the area ...... just let know ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

thank you but for what little night riding we might do these are great. ive been in the body
    shop business since 1991, so i do know a little about h/l alignment. i have a set of used
    h/l's and set of new fog lamps too. these are the ones joel talked about. they might
    work great foe someone else. maybe im not used to led's on the road.

i do have 2 large led aux lamps on my honda rubicon for snow plowing .they
    are awesome!
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Default Re fog lite replacement bulb

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Guess my memory is getting bad. Swore I watched a vid. Must have been for the F3.

Still, by removing the mirror and the upper body panel, one screw and 3 push pins on the left side of the frunk the trim around the fog light will move aside enough to get to the lamp from above. You do need to disconnect the air intake tube. Its a rubber hose that will compress out of your way once removed from the air box end. I usually have my left hand in from the top, right hand in from the bottom through the wheel well to help guide. Its done by feel but there is plenty of room. Usually takes only a half hour for both fog lights including body fastener removal. This is when already doing the headlights as the side panels are already off to get to the head lamps.
    What is the stock replacement fog lite for the the 2014rts thanks