Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3L Radio Problems

I have problems with my radio in that I could not pick up any stations
    to speak of. So, I picked up a RMA900 antenna and replaced my old antenna.
    I did have to remove a lot of the blue locktite on the threads. My reception
    is better but not excellent. A couple of other problems is that I cannot play
    any music thru the radio from a usb, ipod, or phone. Going to call the dealer
    and see what he has to say. The fun continues!!!

Dray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a bummer. I plugged my IPhone in to the USB on my F3T thinking it would just be charging the phone but I was surprised that it played my music through the speakers.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

If you find an antenna that works, let us all know. It is a known problem with the F-3's for some time now. BRP has no clue how to solve the problem. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Happy

I am just so happy that there is nothing on the Radio that I want to listen to while ryding ( or doing anything for that matter ) As Ann said, just plug your phone into the USB and it plays great. Even let's you know what song your are playing!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3L Radio Problems update

The new RMA 900 antenna is an improvement in that the stations I did get are
    now clearer and I am hearing 2 or 3 more stations. On the phone music problem, I
    went to my dealer and he recommended down loading a Android Player app to my
    phone. I can now hear my phone music over the scoot radio. One thing I did discover
    that if I just plug in the speaker cable I have music, if I plug in the usb cable also
    (which I thought was a charger) I still get the beep and vibration only to a lessor
    degree. Not sure if the Android app did anything for me or not. Still need to play with
    the Ipod & usb to see if I can get those to work. I was surprised by the 1" wide braided
    cable that was connected to the antenna as a ground. I wound up removing the side
    cover that holds the antenna base so I could remove the antenna completely. I had to
    clamp the base in my vice and use a small pair of channel locks to unscrew while pulling
    hard (clock wise rotation) on the old antenna to get it off. It was on there tight. This is a
    work in progress and a learning curve to boot.

Dray