Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome Floor Boards 41-176

Has anyone on here installed or tried to install Show Chrome driver floorboards part number 41-176 on a Can Am Spyder RT? I have a 2015 Spyder RT which I purchased floorboards from Amazon and they were to fit any RT 2010 on. I received them today and installed the left side with no problem. It looked real good. I proceeded to install the right side. They tell you to remove the bolt and the brake petal. The problem is you cannot get the bolt out even far enough to remove the brake petal. The bolt is too long to get it out. You are to disregard the bolt same as on the left side and replace it with a longer one. You cannot get the one out let alone put a longer one in. I ever removed the plastic on the right side thinking I might find something to remove to get the bolt out. I cannot find any way to install the right side. There would be no problem installing them if you could exchange bolts. I worked over four hours and finely put everything back and hope I can return them. The boards look great and I would like to have them.

After reading the instruction again which do not come with the boards. I downloaded it on the web. The longer bolts go through the new boards from the outer side. I can remove the foot beg and saw an inch or so off the original bolt and it would come out then. Then the new longer bolts go through the out side and just a lock nut goes inside. I think I just got into to big of hurry and did not read everything. They don't say any thing about the problem getting the right side peg bolt out.
    Last edited by gerald37; 08-16-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: down loaded instructions from the web.

Spyder Garage

If I remember right there is a sheet metal plate on the inside that you can loosen and that will let the bolt come out at an angle.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome Floor boards

Quote Originally Posted by Bert-RFD View Post
    If I remember right there is a sheet metal plate on the inside that you can loosen and that will let the bolt come out at an angle.
    I did get them installed. I cut the original bolt off to get it out. Then installing the bolt that came with the right floor it was 1/2" to short. I did find a harden bolt 6-3/4" long and it worked perfect. The right side is a hard one to install. There are two washers one on each side of the brake petal that fell out when removing the peg bolt. I used super glue to tack them to each side of the brake petal and was able to put the 6-3/4" bolt through and bolted everything just as it was. The left side was easy to install. They work find but I would like the factory boards better.