Spyder Garage

Default Pictures never the right way up

Can somebody help me with posting pictures, I know how to post them but they are always rotated differently and I can't get them the right way up, what's the trick please, thanks

Spyder Garage

Sometimes you just have to "outsmart" the system. Even if the pics you are uploading are "oriented" properly when you view them on your machine, you just have to open the file, rotate it the corresponding amount to correct for the forum's issues and save it on your machine that way. So if you uploaded it and it is rotated 90 degrees left, then open, edit and save the file 90 deg rotated to the right on your machine then upload it.... I know, that sounds wacky and is a PITA but there aren't any "built in" tools on the forums' uploader to do it....

Kinda makes ya feel like this sometimesBouncyball.gif

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it...

The problems arise when the pictures are taken with the phone. Some folks here can fix it for you I don't know how but you have to test the position they will appear on the thread then delete it and rotate it and reload it. Whenever I upload and they are sideways etc They are pictures that I have taken on my phone. I have an android don't know about the apple....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Most likely you are taking them with an I phone or Pad. If you do not hold the camera correctly the pictures will be sideways or upside down in a windows product.

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Can somebody help me with posting pictures, I know how to post them but they are always rotated differently and I can't get them the right way up, what's the trick please, thanks
    We need more information. Are you trying to upload them from your computer, from a camera, from a smart phone - what?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I am taking pictures with an iPhone and then uploading via Windows and the pictures are 90 degrees out. Thanks for the replays so far, seems like it's an Apple / Windows thing and not me cracking up after all
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Just tried uploading the same picture with my iPad and it worked first time

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am taking pictures with an iPhone and then uploading via Windows and the pictures are 90 degrees out. Thanks for the replays so far, seems like it's an Apple / Windows thing and not me cracking up after all
    No, it's not you. It happens to everyone who tries to upload directly from their phone. Glad it's working from your tablet. What I have had to do is download the pic to my Windows computer and then make a small edit of almost any kind (contrast, crop, etc). Then upload from my computer. Bit of a PITA but not too bad. I'll try my tablet next time.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies, seems easier to just do it from the Ipad

Spyder Garage

I have that if you go into file where you have the pictures stored and resize them, just a little, then they stay right side up.
    2013 STS , OEM Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Photos have orientation information stored in the photo file somewhere. Most photo viewing/editing programs will automatically reorient the photo when you view it. If you edit the photo and save it as a new file most likely the orientation will be correct in the saved file.

The best thing to do is load the photos onto your Windows computer and then look at the folder using File Explorer with large icon option. You will see the photo oriented according to the embedded info. I saved the first photo below on its side and that's the way I see it in File Explorer and the way it uploaded here. The second photo I right clicked on it in the folder and selected rotate counter clockwise. As you can see it uploaded in the correct orientation.

DSC_2356 smaller.jpg

DSC_2356 smaller.jpg

What you have to do with a Mac computer, or if you are uploading directly from your phone, I don't know. But if they're uploading in the wrong orientation it is because the orientation stored in the photo file is not correct. You have to change that orientation info either with a folder viewing option or a photo editor.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)