Spyder Garage

Default Anyone use a Sena Cavalry helmet ?

I have a full helmet with Sena BT but love my 1/2 helmet, but also like the comms between myself and my wife. I am looking for feedback on the Sena Calvary
    helmet
    Last edited by El Dorado; 08-16-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry,

I would have to recommend that you stay with the full face helmet. You face is too pretty to simulate cheese on a cheese grater. If ventilation is the issue look into an Arai full face helmet. They do a great job of pushing air through the helmet!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Sena

Ok now I get the name. Again I would never use this helmet, but, for those that just don't care, check out Motorcycle Dave, a sponsor on this site, he is an authorized Sena dealer and lives close by. He will have all of the information on this piece of gear.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know. ..!!

Looks like a good solid half helmet. The sena feature is nice but myself I prefer the modular helmets. Sena can be attached to any helmet but a choice.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I kind of thought this would happen. I am not asking about this vs. that on helmets. I just want anyone that owns and uses a Sena Calvary your opinion on its performance.....

Spyder Garage

We wear Bell Pit Boss helmets around town in the heat and use Sena SPH10H-FMs, couldn't be happier. Great for rider/passenger communication, BT with phone and GPS and with other riders. Motorcycle Dave is the man you need to talk to. He has the best prices and will take the time to fit your need.

This has been an unpaid endorsement of Sena and Motorcycle Dave...

Ryde Safe, Rich and Rhonda
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by El Dorado View Post
    I have a full helmet with Sena BT but love my 1/2 helmet, but also like the comms between myself and my wife. I am looking for feedback on this helmet
    I like mine. I haven't done any long distance with it yet. I do notice that using it at highway speeds for listening to music I have to also have my external speakers on....just too much wind noise. I always ride solo and no one else I know use Sena so I cannot comment on the intercom.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

I use them on my half helmet, no issues. You need to adjust speaker to center of ear and have a tight strap. I use the sm10

Spyder Garage

Default Superb

I kind of thought this would happen. I am not asking about this vs. that on helmets. I just want anyone that owns and uses a Sena Calvary your opinion on its performance.....
    Eldorado,
    My husband has the Cavalry helmet. It is excellent. He debated getting one for several weeks, due to the price and the question of "how can this possibly work?" Well... it exceeded all his expectations. He pairs with my full face bt helmet (we ride separately) and always sounds clear as a bell. I can't hear any "road noise" at all. I can just barely hear his radio when it is cranked up loud, but even that doesn't interfere with me being able to hear him. Got for it!!! You won't be disappointed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by adzgrrrl View Post
    Eldorado,
    My husband has the Cavalry helmet. It is excellent. He debated getting one for several weeks, due to the price and the question of "how can this possibly work?" Well... it exceeded all his expectations. He pairs with my full face bt helmet (we ride separately) and always sounds clear as a bell. I can't hear any "road noise" at all. I can just barely hear his radio when it is cranked up loud, but even that doesn't interfere with me being able to hear him. Got for it!!! You won't be disappointed.
    This type of helmet must be okay and meet standards. If you noticed MC Police Officers, most of them are wearing a similar helmet instead of full face etc. Can't ever recall seeing one in full face helmet regalia.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-18-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

CHP in California wear 3/4 helmets.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a full helmet with Sena BT but love my 1/2 helmet, but also like the comms between myself and my wife. I am looking for feedback on the Send Calvary helmet
    Is that like a helmet with a built-in 911?
    2014 RTL Platinum