Spyder Garage

Default Front shock adjustment-----

on '17 F3 Limited---anybody tried this one yet?? I tried last night but was unsuccessful. They did not move 1 bit!! I am thinking it is going to take as act of massive doing to get these fronts moved up a turn. Anybody got any clues?? Might require a spring compressor?? In which case most likely removal of the shocks??

Clues would be most welcome. Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

If they are adjustable you can raise the wheels off the ground and take the weight off the springs then adjust them. If non adjustable their are vendor/sponsors on the home page that have adjuster you can add. If spanner double nut they tend to work even on the ground....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehole View Post
    on '17 F3 Limited---anybody tried this one yet?? I tried last night but was unsuccessful. They did not move 1 bit!! I am thinking it is going to take as act of massive doing to get these fronts moved up a turn. Anybody got any clues?? Might require a spring compressor?? In which case most likely removal of the shocks??

Clues would be most welcome. Thanks,

Bob
    I was going to play around a little with my 2017 F3T Shocks as well. On my F3S it was simple to do. Sounds like the shock adjustment is different on the F3T's

Spyder Garage

Default Front shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I was going to play around a little with my 2017 F3T Shocks as well. On my F3S it was simple to do. Sounds like the shock adjustment is different on the F3T's
    No, they are the same shocks---and they adjust the same way---just appears that my rings happen to be sooo tight that I can not get them to loosen up even by using a cold chisel and hammer. Trust me, I gave it a very good blow a couple of times but it did not release or even budge. So I have a appointment with my dealer to see if they can get the 2 rings to let go of each other.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Default re:front shocks

Could you educate me as to how to remove the mirrors on the F3 T/L models? I am thinking it is pretty much the same as the 2014 RTL in that you give the bottom of the mirror a sharp upper cut and then push toward the rear from the front of the mirror. Finally unhook from the remaining pin. Does that sound about right or am I all wrong?

Many thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Pull the painted portion of the front of the mirror to examine attachment. Lamont has a video for installing the longhorn mirror led's that should be helpful.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

I could not adjust my fronts either. Brought it to the dealer who had to remove the shocks to get the rings to move. BRP ok'd a one time warranty to pay the labor. They tried everything they could to get the rings to move. Compressing the springs didn't help. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I had the very same thing.Dealer said they needed to get BRP involved to warranty the labor. BRP ok'd, dealer said they will likely damage the shock and then they would need to order new from BRP under warranty. Total time, 2 weeks possibly 3. I decided since I was going to change anyway to forget it. Elkas are ordered and I should have next week.