Spyder Garage

Default Tall boy winsheld

Is anyone running the factory tall boy on their F3T or L? We ride all year down here and it does get cool, sometimes even cold and I'd like something a bit more protective. I'm short at 5'6" and like to look over the top. That's the one thing I miss about the RTL I had.
    Thanks, Pat
    SIGPIC]2

2016 F3T Lamonster RIP boards, fog lights, Longhorn mirror lights, power plate. SpyderPops skid plate. Painted the silver air intake and grill.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clark View Post
    Is anyone running the factory tall boy on their F3T or L? We ride all year down here and it does get cool, sometimes even cold and I'd like something a bit more protective. I'm short at 5'6" and like to look over the top. That's the one thing I miss about the RTL I had.
    Thanks, Pat
    The Tall Boy windshield is 4" taller than the OEM windshield on the F3 L/T. It uses completely different brackets to install, but a very easy install.

If you review the For Sale/WTB threads someone is selling a Tall Boy for $200.00, delivered. That's a very good price to try one out. If it doesn't pan out for you, you can sell it and lose very little, if any, money.

I found one for sale.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...74-F3T-L-Items
    Last edited by Copperman; 08-15-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default I have one and don't like it

Hi,

I actually have the Tall Boy on my F3T.

At 5'11", it's too short for me.

I always get all kind of flys, mosquito and I also ended up by being stung by a wasp under my lip while riding

And going over 60Mph is just not fun at all with all the buffeting.

I'm looking at other options to have something higher but I still want to look just over the windshield.

Before buying my F3T, I tried an F3S with the stock windwshield and even if I was getting more wind, the overall sensation was way better. It looks like it's better to have a shorter one than something higher but not enough.
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have done demo rydes with the tall boy and it offers no greater protection that the stock shielt.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

We have a 2017 F3L, and found the stock shield to be just a bit too breezy, though not overly uncomfortable. It was tolerable if you don't mind lots of fresh air. Still, we thought we'd like to try something more. We looked at a Tall Boy, but opted instead for an F4 shield. We got a great buy from Don on a 23" demo. I'm 5' 10". I find the top of the shield is pretty much in line with my eyes. I'm looking over the shield when I look down the road, but through the shield when I'm looking just in front. I can live with that, but probably would have been more comfortable yet with a 21". I could drill a couple more holes and lower the shied slightly. However, I'm also going to be checking out a new seat (more padding) which could alter my riding height slightly. So, I'm going to wait and test the seat before doing any further shield changes. But, overall, YES, the F4 shield is far superior for cutting down windage and making for a less buffeted ride. It's something you might want to consider and compare to the Tall Boy.
    Last edited by bushrat; 08-24-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside