Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default kuryakyn ISO grips

Haas anyone put the Kuryakyn ISO grips on an F3-s without heated grips? And not over the factory grips (Cut the factory grips off and installed them directly on the bars and throttle sleeve)?

Thx in advance
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff

Spyder Garage

You can't just cut the grip off!
    Throttle side is a whole assy!
    Go to DIY or How to. Finless did a video for a RT

Spyder Garage

Default grips

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabamaSpyder View Post
    Haas anyone put the Kuryakyn ISO grips on an F3-s without heated grips? And not over the factory grips (Cut the factory grips off and installed them directly on the bars and throttle sleeve)?

Thx in advance
    i put iso grips on my F3. bought a set for 7/8 bars. left side factory grip comes off easy and is the right size. BUT throttle side i discovered was glued on all they way.and the throttle sleeve was too large for the grip. being hard headed i shaved the old rubber with a razor knife.sanded the rest off. used a sandpaper flap wheel on a drill and opened the inside of the iso grip.a little gorilla glue and done. later i found out kuryakyn makes clamshell iso grips that fit over the rubber grips. 2 halves that lock together.you only trim the rubber that flares out. i believe the clamshell grips are for honda gold wing. here is the video link.https://youtu.be/wJTF1mGsh8M

Spyder Garage

ok, thx guys. That was the info needed. The clamshell grips are what I will do. I had them on my Goldwing so it will be easy to get use to the diameter.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabamaSpyder View Post
    ok, thx guys. That was the info needed. The clamshell grips are what I will do. I had them on my Goldwing so it will be easy to get use to the diameter.
    Kuryakyn ISO GRIP NUMBER 6240 is the correct one for our can am spyder F3 bars. Much easier to install which are for 1 inch bars. Have installed 3 sets on F3's and RSS models. Right side grip (ISO 6240 in the set) is slightly larger making it easier to install over the throttle side than the set sold for 7/8 inch bars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    Kuryakyn ISO GRIP NUMBER 6240 is the correct one for our can am spyder F3 bars. Much easier to install which are for 1 inch bars. Have installed 3 sets on F3's and RSS models. Right side grip (ISO 6240 in the set) is slightly larger making it easier to install over the throttle side than the set sold for 7/8 inch bars.
    That's cool, I just looked up the number and those are the chrome version. The Gloss Black version if anyone else is looking is Kuryakyn ISO GRIP NUMBER 6340

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post

So what did you do about the left grip? I had to grind down the plastic bar cover (inside the factory grip) to be able to get the ISO grip over it. Took me an hour to install just that grip.