Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default timken bearing #'s

down to the wear bars and will be replacing rear tire real soon and want to go ahead and replace the bearings while i'm at it. i'd like to use Timken bearings. by chance anyone have the bearing #'s for the Timkens? tks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    down to the wear bars and will be replacing rear tire real soon and want to go ahead and replace the bearings while i'm at it. i'd like to use Timken bearings. by chance anyone have the bearing #'s for the Timkens? tks.
    What I usually do is look up the dimensions of the bearings in the service manual and then look up the same for other makers. I don't always trust part #s.

You do not say what year/model and I am not 100% sure all years/model use the same sizes. I can look them up for you if you do not have a service manual but I need year and model.

FYI, Cheapcycleparts.com has online parts drawings so you can look them up too.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    What I usually do is look up the dimensions of the bearings in the service manual and then look up the same for other makers. I don't always trust part #s.

You do not say what year/model and I am not 100% sure all years/model use the same sizes. I can look them up for you if you do not have a service manual but I need year and model.

FYI, Cheapcycleparts.com has online parts drawings so you can look them up too.

Bob
    His signature says 12 RT
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yep. 2012 RT.

Spyder Garage

I will say the bearings I have been getting from BRP have all been SKF high quality units. Not chinese junk and pretty fairly priced. I know all the older 2 piece wheels use the same bearings. Have never checked the part numbers for the newer one piece wheels.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I will say the bearings I have been getting from BRP have all been SKF high quality units. Not chinese junk and pretty fairly priced. I know all the older 2 piece wheels use the same bearings. Have never checked the part numbers for the newer one piece wheels.
    Good info. I figured OEM replacements were Hong Kong Fooey. thanks.