Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: JUST READ THIS

Spyder Garage

Jeez. I guess it's safe to assume you're a glass half full guy?

Personal debt did not cause the '08 crash

Auto sales are down very slightly. These sales tend to be cyclical anyways. The masses can only hold back car buying for so long, then whaddya know? It zooms back up.

If you are ANY CEO or wall street guru, you'll still afford a new yacht whether the markets go up or down. No matter how the rest of us are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I wonder what one would find if you Google: Long term economic outlook for the US. ??

I don't follow this closely but have heard some things lately that give me pause.

Like that total personal debt is now WAY higher than just before the '08 crash.
    And most of the rules trying to prevent shaky credit are now either gone or not being enforced.

Auto sales are down; both new and used.

Wages have not kept up with the apparent growth in the rest of the economy.
    And that is critically important in a "service based" economy; ALL of the wealth comes from the consumers.

Once again, it seems that we are killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

And the first things to go when there is a downturn are the intermediate high end items.
    If you are Donald Trump, you can still afford a yacht.
    But if you are un- or under employed all of a sudden, you probably can't afford a Spyder anymore.
    And the Spyder dealer can't afford to enlarge his business or buy an Audi.
    When the food chain collapses, pretty much everybody suffers......except those at the very, very top.

Spyder Garage

I am thinkin its time fer a tooney.

https://youtu.be/BkzE23pyME4

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Remember when ?

There was a time when you would go months without seeing a BMW out on the road, now I see them come through our small town of Wellsboro very weekend. I live on the road to the Wellsboro PA Grand Canyon and when I'm not out riding, I can see several Spyders going and coming on the weekends.
    Traded 2013 rt s se5 for pearl white 2015 RTS se6 .
    Gloryder hubs
    622 trailer
    bumpskid
    Wife and I have been a couple since 1980
    32 years of wedded bliss

Spyder Garage

Default Poor Service

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    Great machines sell themselves.

One of the biggest problems Can-Am has is both the lack of dealerships and skilled technicians. Too many times I've read in this forum the stupidity a dealer has put a Spyder owner through for a common problem. I've even read the word "stealer" instead of dealer. My dealer has ONE tech who is very good but if he leaves I'm screwed. Then there is the quality side to the Spyder, anything I buy I give it 3 strikes and your out. If I experience a tow and two issues that require trailering my bike to a dealer they will never see my face again. The days of poor quality/reliability/customer service are over, at least for me.

Lets face it, the demographic spike for Spyders (from BRP) are clearly those who are in their 60s, disabled and women. This demographic statistically speaking are not at their peak, financially speaking, to throw away $30,000 on toys. People in their 60s are slowing up in life, disabled people have physical issues that require less income and more personal expenses. Women make less from career choices, child rearing and are physically weaker....on average. Two wheel rides are cheaper to buy, cheaper to fix and dealerships, depending on brand, are everywhere. My thoughts.

I agree with you one hundred percent. My dealer sells them like crazy, to us old codgers, but the service is absolutely M.I.A. They have, allegedly, two techs although I've only ever seen one. And he refused to install the Bajaron sway bar because "It affects the ABS and will kill you!" I'm old, not stupid.

From a fellow Blue Knighter.....CA IV Ride with Pride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you just cut your own throat now: you wouldn't have to suffer through any more of the decline...

Sometimes it is best to just face the Music...

...And DANCE!!

A perfect example of "head in sand"......or some other dark region.
    If any of that was meant to be funny......I'm not laughing.

Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you have no control over what's coming around the corner: you might as well be smiling when it gets here!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    Personal debt did not cause the '08 crash
    Open to some debate.

But without a CRUSHING amount of un-secured or under-secured personal and small business debt, the "securities crisis" that the big banks created would have been just a blip on the radar.

And the banks "too big to fail" are now even bigger. And they are back at it creating essentially worthless paper again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you have no control over what's coming around the corner: you might as well be smiling when it gets here!
    But you DO have control but it's worthless unless you properly EXERCISE IT.

You have to be able to see around and through the issues that the politicians throw up as distractions and get to the heart of what is really important.

In the last election, we completely failed at that.

Now the foxes are guarding the chicken house.......and we are still worrying about the wrong things.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just so you know: I've reported your post to the Forum Administrator...