Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tires

Spyder Garage

Default ATTENTION

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well what's your OPINION on poorly constructed tires that can BARELY support the weight of A Spyder ...... Because that's what you probably have ....a KENDA ................. Mike
    Mike;
    pay no attention to the nay-sayers... i have over 100,000 miles on my various SPYD3RS all with CAR TIRES.... the vast majority of us SPYD3R PEOPLE are riding CAR TIRES, and i've NEVER SEEN, nor HEARD of anyone having an issue with them....
    to each their own... and if some people want to buy the KENDA's and get 1500-2000 miles of wear, that's ok with me... i'm NOT here to tell ANYONE what to buy or use... i just give my HUMBLED OPINION, just like most of us do on this website....
    hope all is well up there in the Green Mountains Mike...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default I have

The Hankook's on the front & Yokohama S-Drive on the rear. Very happy with the combination, I have about 10k miles on the S-Drive and 5k on the Hankooks. Will be using this combination again.
    Last edited by taxmyzer; 08-18-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Default roadkill

two things,if you switch the front tires you can't just switch the wheels,because the kendas are directional tires and you can usally buy two car tires for about the price of one kenda from a dealer.its your bike and your money.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AllanSpyder View Post
    I have now installed the Toyo Proxes T1R tires back and front and the handling is like day and night compared to Kendas.Allan
    Hi Allan, can you tell me what size T1R you fitted to the front? I can find 225/50/15 for the back (although they are getting scarce) but nothing close to the OEM size for the front - closest being 185/50/15 but not sure they'll clear the fenders.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 185/50-15 Toyo's

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Hi Allan, can you tell me what size T1R you fitted to the front? I can find 225/50/15 for the back (although they are getting scarce) but nothing close to the OEM size for the front - closest being 185/50/15 but not sure they'll clear the fenders.
    I had those exact tires on my 2014 RT ( with the old style fenders that were shimmed ) and they stuck like GLUE .... actually upset the Nanny way to often ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default tires

.... Well here's some ...... He/She/It doesn't know what they are talking about !!! ... First of all SPYDERS ....CAN'T slip & slide in the Rain or wet ..... the VSS prevents this ....That's why folks can put car tires on their Spyders and pump them up to 40 PSI and live to say " feels fine to me "...... I suspect the REAL reason for this change is SOMEONE contacted BRP and ratted on this dealer , and BRP told the dealer in no in-certain terms if they continue to do this they will be punished.... BRP wants to continue selling those Crappy Kenda's for ....10 X's what they cost to make ....... ( might actually be closer to 15 x's )..... Your welcome , Mike
    I hate to burst your bubble but spyders can slip and slide- I know this for a fact. that being said your answer means to me YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CREDIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but spyders can slip and slide- I know this for a fact. that being said your answer means to me YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY
    Really .... well there is BIG difference between 6 inches and 6 feet or a complete 360 ........... and guess what ... it matters not one WIT what the CLUELESS think about Me .... Mike

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;1292299]I had those exact tires on my 2014 RT ( with the old style fenders that were shimmed ) and they stuck like GLUE .... actually upset the Nanny way to often ..... Mike [/QUOTE

Ah thanks for the info.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well what's your OPINION on poorly constructed tires that can BARELY support the weight of A Spyder ...... Because that's what you probably have ....a KENDA ................. Mike
    Barely supporting the weight of a Spyder.......really? (back at you)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The contentiousness of a good argument over tires is always entertaining!
    But when you finally knock off all of the hyperbole: THAT's when folks will listen to you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Back tire

I just returned from a 3,324 mile, 20 day trip with a new Michelin Pilot on the rear. I got less than 8,000 on a Kenda. In turning reasonable sharp corners at speed with the Kenda, the Spyder wanted to turn an increasingly tighter circle. This doesn't happen with the Michelin. I use 18 pounds of pressure and have found absolutely no downside to a car tire yet.
    Last edited by Joerolwing; 08-18-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The contentiousness of a good argument over tires is always entertaining!
    Can't agree more. Dealer has solved my problem--so I can just watch.

Now what kind of oil is best, and how often should I change it out?

What octane should I use in my 's?

When should I change out my battery?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm new here, but I'm pretty sure the correct answer is peanut oil and you change it when it is time to fry the turkey.

Spyder Garage

Default Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Dmartin View Post
    I'm thinking of putting new tires on my F3T . Front I'm thinking Continental contiprocontact 175/55/r15. For the back I'm thinking either Bridgestone B340 or Kumo solis kh-16 or Toyo proxes 4. Any thoughts guys?
    Continentals on front great choice on front back I recommend General Altimax RT 43 215/60/R15