Threaded View

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INSTAL VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by HughT View Post
    Does anyone have a video on installing the gas door into the seat?
    There are PICS around but no video that I know of .... Install is not difficult .... I've done 18 or so, finding nice bolts or machine screws can be a pain 1/4 inch works .... use "T" nuts , cut off two prongs on ea. file down the other two ( the seat pan doesn't take the prongs easily )... A trick I learned was using two or three 1/4 X 2 in bolts to squeeze the ring down to compress the Foam then you can use shorter bolts ( 3/4 in long Torx )these will reach the "T" nuts because they have a long shank !! ..... Put the DOOR on the left side of the seat ....it goes very far forward leave about 1/2in at top and bottom at the front of the Ring so the bolts will hold .... pick which way it should open .... I would have someone holding it now & BURN the holes only through the seat material ( a soldering iron or heat a large nail ), then you use the drill DON'T JUST DRILL IT FIRST .... the Bit won't cut the nylon threads in the seat material and it will GATHER .... I would just do the TWO that you use the long bolts on ,they should be opposite each other ... then tighten them down and do the other holes ... I prefer the hinge at the back because I don't use the bolts there ....the seat PAN has a large bump there so you would need 2 in. long bolts ( they aren't needed anyway ) leave the dummy ones that hold the HINGE for the actual door for just that purpose .... Now you need to CUT the material around the inside of the RING ... I use a box cutter with a new blade ...leave a little extra around the inside edge , this keeps the door from going past the edge of the ring .....now you have the PAN to cut .... I use a hole saw cutter 2 to 2 1/2 in max size ( a larger one is too difficult to control - I learned this lesson ) run your Drill BACKWARDS ... for the rest of the PAN I use the very course stone in my dremel ... you can get one for your drill ,it will just be slower ..... you can smooth the foam with a VERY hot spoon or just paint it Black ... you may have to trim out where the Lock Latch rotates between the seat and the ring ...... Now I hope someone makes this a STICKY so it can be found be someone else .... This the most comprehensive Install instructions I have ever written and I don't want to do it again.... if some talented member can Bookmark this or somehow make retrieval EASY I would appreciate it....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-27-2017 at 07:09 PM.