Spyder Garage

Default No longer a lurker.....

Well, I`'ve been following this forum since the F3 first came out. Been riding a Kawasaki 2012 C14 for awhile but with bad knees and the wife on back it`s too dicey to keep up safely. So... went to Clearwatter and picked up a 2016 F3 Limited, black. Stayed overnight with the daughter in Tampa and rode home to Melbourne on Saturday. Got a good price (they were the lowest in the state) and even had them install the Baja Ron sway bar for me which I purchased ahead of time. Having a blast with it. I already have a trip planned to Two Wheels Suches in Georgia in September to meet up with my COG club members. Their moto `join for the bike, stay for the people`. They don`t care what you ride, and they like to ride, camp, make big camp fires and pass the fireball around the fire. Always a good time. Anyone is wecome.

Spyder Garage

Been riding a Kawasaki 2012 C14 for awhile but with bad knees and the wife on back it`s too dicey to keep up safely.

Wow, I bet you are the first person here who has had that issue
    Just kidding of course. We came off of a 2014 Triumph Trophy SE that we really liked for the same reason. I do miss the Trophy at times, but we are both so much more secure and comfy on the Spyder. I do have a smaller two wheeler in the garage for my solo rides. Welcome and enjoy.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..🎉🎊

Great choice......could have joint the 🎪anytime you know.. enjoy the new ryde..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Awesome. Good choice. Stay safe and enjoy!!!

HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations and welcome!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You'll love ryding it in the north Georgia mountains!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

of your new "Pride & Joy"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

and

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Now part of the family.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Question already. Mine came with heated grips and I can`t find the customer outlet inside the left panel. Does the heated grips use this outlet thus me not being able to find it? I`ve learned quite a bit over the past couple of years on here but don`t recall this question. Just in case, mine is a 2016 F3 limited, new by 1 week.

Smoke68

Welcome
    I also have a 2016 F3 Limited - White. I have had it 10 moths and put 12k trouble free mikes on it.
    Putting on the sway bar was a smart choice. However treat yourself to a laser front end
    alignment
    if you can find a local dealer that does one. It made a tremendous difference in the tracking of my
    F3. It requires a lot less handlebar input than before the alignment making for a more relaxed ride.

There are several customer outlets available. there is one up by the battery, one under the seat and one on the left side. I had to remove the large side cover that the highway lights mount to. The plug had fallen down into the bowels of the bike not wanting to be found.

The more you ride the Spyder the more you will enjoy it, I know I have.

Smoke68

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by always young View Post
    Well, I`'ve been following this forum since the F3 first came out. Been riding a Kawasaki 2012 C14 for awhile but with bad knees and the wife on back it`s too dicey to keep up safely. So... went to Clearwatter and picked up a 2016 F3 Limited, black. Stayed overnight with the daughter in Tampa and rode home to Melbourne on Saturday. Got a good price (they were the lowest in the state) and even had them install the Baja Ron sway bar for me which I purchased ahead of time. Having a blast with it. I already have a trip planned to Two Wheels Suches in Georgia in September to meet up with my COG club members. Their moto `join for the bike, stay for the people`. They don`t care what you ride, and they like to ride, camp, make big camp fires and pass the fireball around the fire. Always a good time. Anyone is wecome.
    Also had a 2010 C-14. Loved that bike, but hip and knee surgery made two up touring problematic. My wife, a previous two wheeler, wanted to stop being a passenger so we bought a F3S. While not having her on the back of the C-14 made the handling much more manageable, I decided to join her with a F3S. We now have done several long tours together and I can say this was a great purchase for us.
    i Am also a member of the Concours Owners Group and they are a fantastic organization and put on great rallies.