Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XM radio

Spyder Garage

On an XM radio if you have signal it will always give you the preview channel and be able to access the radio ID regardless of the subscription status. For good signal you need to be able to look to the south and up at about a 10:00 angle with out obstructions. I do not have the factory XM but did put the SiriusXM Onyx EZ vehicle kit on my RT and it runs through the auxiliary input. The antenna is inside the rear trunk mounted to one of the screws that the back rest has the slot and it works good.
    I will guess someone pulled on a wire when installing it and not the plug causing 1 or more wire to not be making a connection. I think I saw a video about this when I was looking to put a XM on my RT.

Good luck.
    2015 RTS, Corbin armrest, Lamonster Spyderdock outfitted for Garmin mount, Spyder cuff with cup holder, highway pegs, Lidlox, Bumpskid, Swaybar, XM dock

Spyder Garage

Default My .02

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    yes.

I installed mine myself, and not to insult your intelligence but I was not getting a signal due to being in the garage (Not quite as strong of a signal as my Q7 I guess as I get a signal in the garage
    with that). Now with that said I still had information on the screen. Just my thought is a bad unit, hope you get it nailed down. I have my antenna in that same spot and have not had many issues, the only time I do is if I'm way deep in the country it will fade in and out.

I would check the antenna connection at the unit
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 09-04-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

pegasus1300, solve the problem yet? I am looking at getting the XM on my Spyder.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

any luck yet Paul? I know on the radio i took out for sale since it won't work on my F3T, the radio ID is on the side of the radio in pretty big letters. I've included a picture I took to show you. Just have to locate the radio physically on your bike and look at it or maybe need to pull it out.
    IMG_0330.jpg

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default XM

[QUOTE=mark4Jesus;1307106]pegasus1300, solve the problem yet? I am looking at getting the XM on my Spyder.[/QUOTE IMHO , look at BEST BUY ( on-line ) their prices for XM system is around $40.00, and if you get the ala-cart subscription, it has about 50 channels ....but it's only $8.00 per month ..... I put my receiver in the glove box - I made my own platform / bracket and it doesn't take up much room ...If I want to change channels I can do it while riding ( But be careful ).... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-07-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

[/QUOTE I put my receiver in the glove box - I made my own platform / bracket and it doesn't take up much room ...If I want to change channels I can do it while riding ( But be careful ).... Mike [/QUOTE]

I would like to be able to change channels with the radio controls; however, looking at the cost of the Can Am unit, your suggestion sounds pretty good!
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tomand View Post
    any luck yet Paul? I know on the radio i took out for sale since it won't work on my F3T, the radio ID is on the side of the radio in pretty big letters. I've included a picture I took to show you. Just have to locate the radio physically on your bike and look at it or maybe need to pull it out.
    IMG_0330.jpg
    Yes I did find that and I have the radio ID,but I don't think that is my problem. I can not get any of the screens to come up or the preview screen. I have other satellite radios and with or without a subscription I can get the preview screen. I need to either remove the radio and re install it or get it up north for my dealer to look at it and see if he can figure out if it is the radio itself is not good or if there is another problem. I just have not had time to do that. If the weather is not too bad this weekend I will try to pull it and see what I can find.
    I also had the name of manufacturer of the radio and sent them and email but can't find either their name or the email reply I got from them. Any body else know their name.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BLUEKNIGHT911;1307163]
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
    pegasus1300, solve the problem yet? I am looking at getting the XM on my Spyder.[/QUOTE IMHO , look at BEST BUY ( on-line ) their prices for XM system is around $40.00, and if you get the ala-cart subscription, it has about 50 channels ....but it's only $8.00 per month ..... I put my receiver in the glove box - I made my own platform / bracket and it doesn't take up much room ...If I want to change channels I can do it while riding ( But be careful ).... Mike
    Yeah Mike,thanks. I actually have had an XM radio mounted on the bike but I kinda wanted to go the built in route.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
    [/QUOTE I put my receiver in the glove box - I made my own platform / bracket and it doesn't take up much room ...If I want to change channels I can do it while riding ( But be careful ).... Mike
    I would like to be able to change channels with the radio controls; however, looking at the cost of the Can Am unit, your suggestion sounds pretty good![/QUOTE]

It really is easy to mount an aftermarket unit on the bike and I had done that in the past. I should have left well enough alone.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also had the name of manufacturer of the radio and sent them and email but can't find either their name or the email reply I got from them. Any body else know their name.
    N Touch is the product line name. They're made by RadioSound, who make radios for several m/c brands, including HD.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    N Touch is the product line name. They're made by RadioSound, who make radios for several m/c brands, including HD.
    that's it,I remember now. Thank you. Depending on what I find this weekend I will get in touch with them. They offer a rebuilt unit for $200.

Thank you.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Yes I did find that and I have the radio ID,but I don't think that is my problem. I can not get any of the screens to come up or the preview screen. I have other satellite radios and with or without a subscription I can get the preview screen. I need to either remove the radio and re install it or get it up north for my dealer to look at it and see if he can figure out if it is the radio itself is not good or if there is another problem. I just have not had time to do that. If the weather is not too bad this weekend I will try to pull it and see what I can find.
    If you are asking about the BRP radio it's RSI ... they also make the speakers ... the rear ones are a custom job because they measure a lot larger than 4 inch .... this why the 5.25" JBL's in the rear isn't that big a jump in size from OEM ..... Mike